Is it okay to take your roommate's food, either from the fridge or pantry?

Is it okay to take your roommate's food, either from the fridge or pantry?Image Source : Wikimedia
#Food #Roommate
  • Nope — I prefer a clear division of all pantry items. Zero exceptions.
  • I'm fine with it if it's a basic ingredient like olive oil or salt.
  • Sure, they can have the occasional apple or slice of toast.
    Vote C
  • All my food is up for grabs!
    Vote D

1315

Most Helpful Girl

• Not unless we've already agreed that it's okay no. For my roommate and I stuff like spices was fair game, we would leave them on the counter with the sole intent being for both of us to use them whenever.

Basically everything else was more than likely fine but we'd still ask first. The stuff that was absolutely out of the question for sharing was in the corner of the pantry. We took our stuff from there and knew damn well the other person's basically didn't exist as far as we were concerned.

Most Helpful Guy

• My food is trapped (some not all) so no one touches it. Last time someone did they spent the next three days puking and having explosive diarrhea. Anything I am willing to share I stick a label *help yourself* onto it. Good luck and best regards