Do you season (add salt and pepper) to your food while cooking?

I grew up in a house where nothing was salted/seasoned. My mum grew up without salt because her dad had to have a low sodium diet. When you grow up with salt in the veg water/pasta water, on the meat, etc, you find it really noticeable when it’s there.

I very rarely add salt while cooking. My exceptions are roast potatoes and pork skin.

What about you?
  • Yes I do
  • No I don’t
  • I don’t cook
    Vote C

1119

Most Helpful Guy

• I voted no, for the things you were on about. Veg, potatoes, that's too much salt and I feel like it negates the health benefits of the veg. I don't even put salt on meat anymore, a little pepper. Thing is coriander and especially oregano are incredibly healthy, much better. I recently tried oregano in stew but accidentally put in more than I intended. Did not regret it for long because it tasted amazing.

• I class that as herbs not seasoning.

• I'm pretty sure herbs and spices are seasoning where I'm from in the UK, maybe it's different for you.

• I’m from the UK as well. It’s just because recipes/tv shows/ etc they say “season it” and they only ever seem to add salt and pepper so I just assumed that’s what seasoning meant.

Most Helpful Girl

• I’m actually low in salt so I try to add it to as many things as I can and frequently put it on the table with dinner XD

This is a pepper free house though