Does anybody here abstain from alcohol?

I don't drink at all, unless I'm sick and need some whiskey. I like alcohol in my food but not as a beverage.
I'm surprised at the number of non-drinkers on GAG.
I wasn't expecting this many responses. I appreciate everybody's answers.

2151

Most Helpful Girl

• He'll no I love drinking, i don't get stupid drunk but my dad allowed me and my brother to drink from a young age and we always had beer in the house, i have no problem with it as long as you don't act like an ass while drinking and you don't drive drunk.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't drink and I have never drunk.

I don't understand why anyone would want to make themselves deliberately stupider and less self-controlled for an evening. I don't understand why you'd pay heavily to do that and tolerate a hangover the next day. And I don't understand why you'd shorten your lifespan and give yourself liver problems in order to do all of these things.

I try to avoid needing alcohol by not doing things I regret, and by proactively solving my problems so that I don't need to drink them away.