What is your stance on tipping waiters/delivery drivers?

I, personally, will tip if I have the extra to give and if I think the service is good. However, people who complain about not getting tipped get on my nerves. It makes me feel as if they think they are entitled to someone else's money when they, quite frankly, aren't. The reason I'm asking is because my cousin and I had a conversation about it. I told her that you never know what people are going through and that it's not someone else's responsibility to make sure your electricity is on for the month. That's just my opinion. If yours differs, that's okay.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I always tip, it’s an expectation for someone in those jobs that tips provide part of their income.
    I work in a tip driven profession, if I didn’t make a lot of money in tips I wouldn’t be doing.
    When you pay for something where I tip is expected it should be considered part of the deal

1|0
    0|0
    • I don't agree, but I respect your opinion. I just don't see it as my responsibility to make sure someone else makes a living. If they can't do it without my extra $3, then they probably need a new job.

Most Helpful Girl

• Have you ever been in a job where you have to smile the entire day? Where you have to submit yourself to every little thing the customer asks of you? Making irregular ours, always working when others have the day off? If the service sucked they aren't entitled to tips, if someone works hard, smiles, give you good service and is friendly they should be tipped for not everyone is capable for doing such a good job.

1|1
    0|0
    • Yep. I have worked 4 different restaurant jobs, so I know what it's like. And, like I said, I'll tip if I can and if the service is good.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• I always tip , I've had all those jobs and they suck. I feel for them so I tip , however better you are the more I give naturally or i give min amount. Example dennys tips percentages are low i give by cash. Example 20 buck check i tip like 5 for myself. If people dont give enough i tip a bit more. Its only right its tough job and they deserve it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I ALWAYS tip, it's just variable between 10-20% depending on their service. They rely on tips for their income, and I'm not about to fuck with someone's life if they're a bit pissy one day.

1|0
    0|0
    • Someone's life isn't my problem, though. I have my own shit to take care of, and if I want to go out to eat with my money, I should be able to do so without having to give handouts. If I don't have the extra to give, it's too bad. Call me selfish, but that's how I see it. I've even worked at restaurants myself, but I didn't expect anyone to pay my bills for me.

• if i have i give, if i do not have i do not. most times, especially waiters, if the service was good then i will try for 10% if the service was bad, then nothing

1|0
    0|0
  • if I think they did a good job and I have a few extra bucks I will, other wise I won't. also I am more inclined to tip delivery than in a restaurant

1|0
    0|0
  • i agree with you, if the service is good and you have some money to spare, help who you can with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • i always tip 20% unless they are REALLY bad or rude. then i tip absolutely nothing. i think i've only done this twice

0|0
    0|0
  • I give a dollar or two dollar tip when i order at restaurant or delivery driver.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the service and the quality of food.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• If the service is good I will tip. If the service sucks so does the tip.

0|0
    0|0
  • I tip when the service was great.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes