What is your stance on tipping waiters/delivery drivers?

I, personally, will tip if I have the extra to give and if I think the service is good. However, people who complain about not getting tipped get on my nerves. It makes me feel as if they think they are entitled to someone else's money when they, quite frankly, aren't. The reason I'm asking is because my cousin and I had a conversation about it. I told her that you never know what people are going through and that it's not someone else's responsibility to make sure your electricity is on for the month. That's just my opinion. If yours differs, that's okay.

39

Most Helpful Guy

• I always tip, it’s an expectation for someone in those jobs that tips provide part of their income.
    I work in a tip driven profession, if I didn’t make a lot of money in tips I wouldn’t be doing.
    When you pay for something where I tip is expected it should be considered part of the deal

• I don't agree, but I respect your opinion. I just don't see it as my responsibility to make sure someone else makes a living. If they can't do it without my extra $3, then they probably need a new job.

Most Helpful Girl

• Have you ever been in a job where you have to smile the entire day? Where you have to submit yourself to every little thing the customer asks of you? Making irregular ours, always working when others have the day off? If the service sucked they aren't entitled to tips, if someone works hard, smiles, give you good service and is friendly they should be tipped for not everyone is capable for doing such a good job.

• Yep. I have worked 4 different restaurant jobs, so I know what it's like. And, like I said, I'll tip if I can and if the service is good.