Would vegans and vegetarians eat bugs?

http://www.bugsfeed.com/film

I'm kind of torn about categories here, because I'm largely interested in responses from people who choose veganism based on moral grounds. If you're a vegan, do you consider killing insects for food inhumane? Obviously, you don't feel bad about killing plants for food. So where do you draw the line, personally?
Supposedly this is a fast growing concept. Therefore, I am generally interested in everyone's thoughts and feelings on eating insects.Would vegans and vegetarians eat bugs??

919

Most Helpful Girl

• I’m a vegetarian. I don’t think anyone should eat buys. We should step on them. Bugs are assholes.

• So, eating bugs is more respectful than squashing them?

• I've seen on TV primitive people cook and eat tarantulas. They only cook them long enough to burn off those nasty hairs. Problem is, I LOVE spiders. It would have to be them or me before I'd kill one, let alone eat it.

• Yeah I'm a spiderman too.

Most Helpful Guy

• I mean it's not like there's a lot of ethical dilemma going on with eating crickets. ... They're crickets. Who cares. So, I'd eat some bugs, as they're apparently way, way better for your health than red meat with just as much protein. But there are other bug I def would not eat, like slimy ones or some shit. Hell no.

That said, I'm not vegan or vegetarian, but the lifestyle we all now lead is not sustainable, given how overpopulated America and the entire world has become. We can't all just eat as much meat as we want, but we could eat as many bugs as we want. They're plentiful and easy to raise.