Do you have any special recipe for shrimp?

If you have any traditional shrimp recipe please share it as well.Do you have any special recipe for shrimp??

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Sticky Thai red curry prawn stir fry? It's spicy and full of flavour :)

-Prawns with shells on (Depends how much you want to eat. The shell helps with flavoring and also is fresher served this way)
    -Soy sauce
    -Panda branded oyster sauce
    -Garlic, brown onion and spring onions (finely chopped and in separate bowls)
    -Fish sauce
    -Sugar
    -tin of Maesri red curry paste
    -Fresh chillies/Coriander (garnish)
    -Fresh ginger (in strips)

1. Just wash the prawns with normal water to get any excess stuff off of them. You can take their whiskers off if you want.
    2. Olive oil in wok and have on high heat. When wok is hot, chuck in the garlic and brown onion. Stir till they're slightly changing in colour.
    3. Add Maesri red curry paste. Now if you want it spicy you add heaps, if you don't want it that spicy maybe just put 1 tablespoon and a half of it in. Stir using a wooden spoon till it's cooperated with the garlic and onion.
    4. Chuck in prawns. Toss the prawns so it's evenly coated in the curry paste
    5. Add generous swings of oyster sauce, soy sauce and fish sauce. Toss it all together to evenly spread the marinade on the prawns.
    6. Add 1 tablespoon and a half of sugar. Toss again till everything is evenly coated.
    7. Cover the wok using a lid and give it 10 minutes so that the prawns are properly cooked inside and out.
    8. After 10 minutes, toss the prawns again and add ginger. Thoroughly toss everything again.
    9. Pop it on a nice platter and sprinkle the chilies, spring onion and coriander on the top.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Quick marinate in olive oil, lime juice, chilli powder, garlic, touch of brown sugar and then grill. Not long the lime juice will be trying to cook it.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 14

• My parents do the cooking in my house but they sell very good shrimp at the health food store near my house. I'm not sure what the recipe is but the next time you go to buy shrimp, write down all the ingredients they list and then see if you can reproduce it at home.

0|1
    0|0
    • Genious idea!
      I will try to do that from now on, and not only for shrimps recipes.
      I bet you do great dishes this way. Thanks for sharing.

• OK, so this isn't traditional I think but what's really good is to pour a bunch of oil in a pan, throw the shrimps, some tomatoes, garlic and chili in there, cook that shit, and then get some baguette to dip in the oil while eating the shrimps.
    It's fucking unhealthy tho.

0|1
    0|0
  • Many recipes, but one tip:

Always put the shrimp in last to any recipe. They cook through in a few quick seconds a lot of the time.

0|1
    0|0
  • Boil shrimp with their heads on in a few bottles of beer with some potatoes and corn. Dip them in hot sauce+butter. It's not fancy but it's my favorite way of eating shrimp.

0|1
    0|0
    • Wow that one of the easy way to go. But unless I do it I guess I can't know how good it is.

• Fry it in coconut juice, sugar and fish sauce. Serve with braised pork belly with steamed jasmine rice.

0|2
    0|0
    • Interesting recipe, I will check it out. Thanks for sharing it.

• It’s an Asian thing... short cut, braise both the shrimp n pork belly with cocorico, or you can also use ground pork instead of pork belly

• looks amazing, even if raw lol.
    i like... sauteeing it in butter and with some parsley flakes... and then towards the end, i add some lemon juice. like shrimp scampi :)

0|1
    0|1
  • I don't eat shrimp or any sea food really so can't help , but when I was in cooking class we used lemon juice parsley and peper and salt on them and cooked them on the stove

0|1
    0|0
  • 0|1
    0|0
  • I just recently made shrimp-stuffed mushrooms and, on another occasion, shrimps with mango mayonnaise. I enjoyed them and so did my guests.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yours look kinda raw?

0|1
    0|0
    • Of course, they are berely done.
      They still need to be grill 😂

• Show All
    • O I see. I love the Netherlands!
      Well I am from the coast of Mexico and here we can get a bucked of fresh catch shrimp for a few bucks. So we do eat lots of sea food lol

And google this: "aguachiles"
      This is the actual recipe. Way better than I described. Thanks for your opinion.

• I love sea food too, but I don’t eat it a lot because unlike with you fish is pretty expensive here

Okay I will. And you’re welcome

• SHRIMP ALFREDO!

0|1
    0|0
  • breaded shrimp
    yumm

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. Put it in the trash.

Lol

0|0
    1|1
  • Try the cajun shrimp pasta.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• I don’t cook shrimp often. I’m cheap like that. But just tossed in a pan with some butter and garlic is amazing.

0|1
    0|0
    • Indeed, the only fashion way is always a sure way to go.
      But the garlic and butter is great as well.

• I just boil it in water

0|1
    0|0
  • Shrimp egg foo young

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope, but I love eating shrimp

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes