Do you prefer coffee or tea?

Coffee is hugely popular in the US, and tea is gaining steam. Do you prefer coffee or tea? Do you prefer it hot or cold?

1213

Most Helpful Girls

• Hot tea all day long every day.

Hot coffee occasionally on some morning or when having dessert at a restaurant.

Iced tea in the summer. ( although I doint consider that tea)

• Tea most definitely! And it has to be hot, cold tea is the worst 😖

Most Helpful Guys

• I drink hot tea all the time. In fact, it's really pretty much the only thing I drink. I'll have a soda now and then, maybe a hard cider at night sometimes. But tea is definitely my thing. I never drink coffee at all. I love the smell of coffee but I never did develop a taste for it.

• Coffee at times but mostly hot tea.
    Yet in the south we drink sweet tea

• I got into a heated debate about this recently.
      We also drink sweet tea in the north (Michigan). I've lived here my whole life, and none of my immediate relatives are from the south. I was 15 the first time I drank unsweetened tea, and I immediately assumed it was spoiled. I can't find any reliable research that suggests that the northern and southern US are actually divided on this matter. The only significant difference I've seen is this: if I walk into a common restaurant in the south and order tea without any qualifying adjectives, it will usually come sweetened or the help will ask. If I do the same in the north, it will come unsweetened and either the help will ask if I want it sweetened or they simply bring sugar with the tea (much like coffee). At least, that's been my experience.