Vegans/vegetarians, what is your reason for being one?

Vegans/vegetarians, what is your reason for being one?
Is it for animals, health, both why?

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• I am trying to go vegetarian for health reasons. My joints ache, and I was told that plant based diet reduce inflammation.

2|1
    0|0
    • are you finding it difficult?

• Show All
    • Oh yeah. A guy that attacks totally innocent fruits and vegetables, rips them away from their sibs, stabs them with knives, and then eats them raw or boiled. Brutal.

• @Wally48 Lmao yup! The world is cruel

• Vegetarianism originated in ancient India and has a lot of meaning to it. Humans are gifted with the power of knowledge which is many times more than that of any other organism. So, killing other animals for one's own benefit is regarded to be quite selfish ( not by nature's rules ). Veganism on the other hand is an extreme practice originated from Vegetarianism.
    It involves not intaking milk or any other milk products, honey along with meat and eggs.
    I personally respect both Veganism and Vegetarianism but I think Vegetarianism is more suitable, feasible, simple and does the right job perfectly whereas Veganism is exclusively for someone who loves the Vegan diet and wants to live in harmony without harming any form of living beings.

1|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• My reason for not being one is because being a vegetarian/vegan won’t mean shit if I’m still purchasing imported goods, living in a house, driving my car, utilizing appliances, etc.. (all things that directly and indirectly contribute to the destruction of animal habits and animal death). Why live like a hypocrite and starve my body of the nutrients it needs?

1|0
    1|1
  • Super close to becoming vegetarian simply because I don’t enjoy the taste to texture of meat. I feel queasy looking at or touching raw meat, and I enjoy the taste of vegetarian food.

2|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 23

• Let's see I got more energy than anyone I know that eats meat. No headaches no muscle cramps when exercising, bowl movements are orderly (no mona Lisa shts) aka spraying like a cat. I'm physically in great shape besides smoken cigarette's which I shall address I sleep well (4-6 hours I'm restored) also take boron and drink aloe vera. Strong bones fast recovery less heavy metals. Clear thinking fast response time.

4|1
    0|1
    • I'm a vegan but I smoke. Jesus the hypocrisy

• Show All
    • Outstanding! Your vital signs are better than perfect. Have you had a standard blood workup/lipid profile/PSA done? Even at your age it would be good to have the data for a baseline as you age. I must admit I've never seen an overweight vegan. Seen plenty of overweight vegetarians though. Just can't stay out of the dairy products.

You seem like a highly disciplined person. Please tell me are you happy with your life?

• Avg 69mg/Dl nothing O. O. R. feel great, most folks ask how I'm always happy and the simple answer is clear mind healthy body firm spirit and it is what I choose to be.

• Side effects of veganism include narcissism and a sense of moral superiority.

3|9
    5|2
  • Been vegetarian for 26 years and thankful that I realised when I did so I haven't caused that mountain of grief and suffering. I've never had any regrets or health problems. I try to be as vegan as I can but I'm not, which is a bad thing. There's no point in making others suffer for my amusement.

1|0
    0|0
  • Vegans always say they stop eating meat because it's unethical the way animals are treated. But these same individuals would buy electronics and clothes etc.. made by adult/kids who are treated like slaves. So who are they really fooling? Not me.

2|1
    3|1
    • Or buy luxury cars with full leather interiors, I know a vegan with one, a diesel too, loves the smell of his own farts type. As a recovering vegetarian those people make me sick, you can see their little eyes light up when they get to talk about their godly ways.

• I'm happy to be highest on the food chain. I eat just about everything:
    Beef
    Poultry
    Pork
    Mutton
    Seafood
    Fruit
    Vegetables
    Snatch

No lamb or veal, though. In the 21st century, there's no reason to be eating baby animals.

1|0
    0|1
    • Only if you look at the sociological food chain. A real food chain where the field was equal would be sitting ducks for prey in a wilderness.

• @jr316366 Well that's why I don't swim in the ocean or sleep on the ground. Being highest on the food chain isn't just about eating prowess... unless you refer again to the aforementioned snatch... lol

• I was born that way and, I don't like to change that. But, where I live, a vegan/vegetarian has tons of varieties to eat from. If, not in my place, I'll die a vegan.

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm not a Vegan but have respect for one whom is one.

2|1
    0|0
  • The difference it makes not having food in my bowels for 3 days, much more agile, skin breaths better, I eat less, so much

1|1
    0|0
  • Never had any meat since childhood and I dont like the smell of fish/chicken... It's my personal choice to be a vegetarian 😉

1|0
    0|0
  • I think everyone goes though and his phase... but as time rolls on, you revert back.

1|0
    1|0
  • I'm sexually attracted to plants.

4|0
    0|0
  • Both, because why not help the planet also I can't eat red meat anyway and I am allergic to milk

1|0
    0|0
  • I’m not one

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not a vegetarian or mentally disabled

2|4
    2|1
  • Why should any animals die so I can live...

3|1
    0|0
  • I will never be either.

3|0
    1|1
  • I'm not either of those.

2|0
    1|0
  • Hi I'm a vegan

2|1
    0|1
  • I dont likevegetables

2|1
    0|0
  • I just love vegetables

2|1
    0|0
  • I'm a vegetarian, my reasons are mostly ethical.

1|0
    0|0
  • Veggies are tasty

2|0
    0|0
  • And here I thought that Vegan means a guy from Las Vegas

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 17

• Im not but my older sister is she likes meat and dairy products she became first vegetarian and then vegan because she feels strongly it's unethical the way the animals are treated

2|1
    0|0
  • I don't think eating meet is wrong or killing animal for food
    But they way they do it is terrible, people don't know their limits how much to kill
    That's one reason I would become a vegetarian but I love meat so much

0|0
    0|0
  • My body lacks several digestive enzymes. So I. m borderline vegan because of that. I also feel guilty raising animals for food

1|1
    0|0
  • Not a vegetarian but if I'd become one it would be for the environment firstly, then health and animal welfare secondly.

1|0
    0|0
  • I cared about animals when I started. Now I don’t care. I don’t like the ideas of eating something that once walked around. It’s gross.

1|1
    0|0
  • Well im pescatarian (which is basically the same thing as vegetarian, but i still eat fish) and i did it to lose weight. Worked so far, lost about 10 lbs

1|0
    0|0
  • Health. My body does not handle meats well and since I've stopped eating meat all together (20+ years) I feel 100% better. I'll eat fish every once in a while still but not often.

0|0
    0|0
  • health and im against non defense based violence & torture.

0|1
    0|0
  • Multiple reasons:
    Meat is usually highly processed and unhealthy
    Not good for you, not good for the environment, certainly not good for the animal.

1|0
    0|0
  • Animals, my health, and the planet, but mostly because of my care for animals.

1|1
    0|1
  • I turned vegetarian for ethical reasons, but I strongly believe in the lifestyle for health reasons too. The aim is to go full vegan in the future..

0|1
    0|0
  • For the animals but eating meat is totally fine. Just a personal thing.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm sexually attracted to plants.

2|1
    0|0
  • Because I love animals

2|1
    0|0
    • ayy bby I gotta snake that needs lovin

• Show All
    • Nah... Show some love by buying a lot of meat and have a big BBQ for all your friends to enjoy :)

• @WeirdoWerdo That doesn't show love for anyone except yourself; but what more should I expect from someone so self-absorbed that he would think that satisfying his tastebuds is more important than an animal's life.

• The grease in meat is bad for you

1|1
    0|0
  • Not vegetarian/vegan

1|0
    0|0
  • Meat makes me sick except for lamb

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes