Vegans/vegetarians, what is your reason for being one?

Is it for animals, health, both why?

1925

Most Helpful Guys

• I am trying to go vegetarian for health reasons. My joints ache, and I was told that plant based diet reduce inflammation.

• are you finding it difficult?

• Oh yeah. A guy that attacks totally innocent fruits and vegetables, rips them away from their sibs, stabs them with knives, and then eats them raw or boiled. Brutal.

• @Wally48 Lmao yup! The world is cruel

• Vegetarianism originated in ancient India and has a lot of meaning to it. Humans are gifted with the power of knowledge which is many times more than that of any other organism. So, killing other animals for one's own benefit is regarded to be quite selfish ( not by nature's rules ). Veganism on the other hand is an extreme practice originated from Vegetarianism.
    It involves not intaking milk or any other milk products, honey along with meat and eggs.
    I personally respect both Veganism and Vegetarianism but I think Vegetarianism is more suitable, feasible, simple and does the right job perfectly whereas Veganism is exclusively for someone who loves the Vegan diet and wants to live in harmony without harming any form of living beings.

Most Helpful Girls

• My reason for not being one is because being a vegetarian/vegan won’t mean shit if I’m still purchasing imported goods, living in a house, driving my car, utilizing appliances, etc.. (all things that directly and indirectly contribute to the destruction of animal habits and animal death). Why live like a hypocrite and starve my body of the nutrients it needs?

• Super close to becoming vegetarian simply because I don’t enjoy the taste to texture of meat. I feel queasy looking at or touching raw meat, and I enjoy the taste of vegetarian food.