I want to lose weight I don’t know how much calories should I eat?

If I ate 400 calories per day, is that good or I will gain more weight?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• 400 a day is only good if you are trying to kill yourself. Look online and calculate your BMR (basal metabolic rate) it will help you see how many calories you need to be healthy.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not just about the calories you intake. You should drink lots of fluid and at least be active like walk on treadmill for an hour. I do it for 5 days straight with a excerise wrap around my belly and I always make sure I sweat before I quit. I saw some changes. It doesn't happen over night but I searched for home made lose weight tea and tried that too.

1|0
    0|0
    • From week ago I used jumping rope everyday try to use it , it can help you for me I can’t use it cause I don’t have time seriously I prefer to do exercises. Now I don’t eat well maybe it can Compensates my exercises

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• you need more calories than that but good calories your body can use. cut all refined sugar and exercise lots and you won't have to eat any less

2|0
    0|0
    • I don’t have time to do exercises so 400 calories are good enough or what?

• no, you will make yourself ill. you dont need to go to a gym to exercise. try walking to college/work, things like that

• I’ll try thanks

• For women average is 2000 per day so 400 is dangerously low

2|0
    0|0
  • A healthy long lasting loss is considered to be 2 lbs./week. You have to burn 3500 calories plus your intake to lose one pound. A healthy intake for a diet is 1200 calories/day so you need to burn at least 15,400 calories per week to lose two pounds. So for example you'd have to manage to get in 3 hours of brisk walking every 24 hour period for 7 days. Also remember all calories are not created equal, 1200 calories of McDonald's is not as good as 1200 calories of fruit, veggies and lean protein.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• 400 is way too little. You don't want to starve. Depending on how much you weigh, 1200-1400 should be plenty for weight loss.

2|0
    0|0
    • It’s so difficult for me i can’t burn this calories case i don’t have time to da sth help me to burn it

• Show All
    • It only takes 12ish minutes to jog a mile. You can find the time.

• Yes :’)

• Not sure if you're trolling or if this is a serious question.

Let's assume it's serious.

400 a day? You'd die.

The minimum you should be eating is 1200.

1|0
    0|0
    • I’m just enquiry to know sth if you have sth to say , say it

• Show All
    • But google didn’t give me an accurate information, did you understand my point of view?
      I did it before

• That's called anorexia and is a condition that ends in death.

• It’s too little. You shouldn’t eat less than approximately 1200, but it depends on your basal metabolic rate. You will lose weight if you eat only 400 of course, but it’s not healthy and the yo-yo effect will hit you hard.

1|0
    0|0
  • that's bad and you will do more harm than good to your body

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes