If you are single, would you go to a bar on your own? Any tips?

Sometimes when your friends are out of town or not available, yet you want to go out for a drink. Would you go to a bar on your own, especially if you are single? Any tips with going to bars solo? Not necessarily looking, but don’t want to appear like a weirdo at a bar on your own on a Saturday night. Friends says I probably won’t be solo at the bar for long because I am very attractive, but still the thought of going to bars on your own is scary.

3242

Most Helpful Guys

• Go and find some bar meetups. You'll arrive alone sure, but will be talking to heaps of people the moment you arrive as most people go there solo and don't want to feel awkward. They usually message on the group page where and when to meet so you won't be so lost and uncomfortable for long.

• I would go on my own i even go to the Cinema on my own basically you've gotta have a "i don't give a shit what people think" attitude besides its good to go on your own sometimes, alleviates the pressure of having to keep or even start a conversation 😆

Most Helpful Girls

• As a chick who enjoys doing things alone from time to time, I do indeed go to bars and such alone. You just find a spot you feel comfortable and enjoy your drink. I'm a people watcher. Not in a creepy way. But I enjoy just taking in the world as it goes by so I do that.

• I do not see anything wrong with being single and going to a bar. If I had any tips, I would suggest you find a bar that you like hanging out in and pick that one to be your "bar".

I do not recommend going to different bars as a single lady. I know that sounds like a cliche but take it from someone that has gone to hotel bars as a single lady when traveling for work - though cliche, the men in the hotel bar assumed I was there to look for sex and not a drink. lol!

Find your "cheers" and enjoy it. Find a place you can call home or at least, a place you enjoy being when you are on your own. :)