Serious question, I suffer from depression why does alcohol make me feel better?

I drank everyday for spring break and it wasn't fun because I did feel sick at times, but it's been 3 days and I'm back to drinking. Am I an alcoholic? Normally I wouldn't drink everyday but once I do I apparently abuse it (from what others tell me) but I just want a good time and it relaxes me

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Here is the thing most people don't understand about drugs and how they work. they make you feel better for a bit and then 90% of the time they make you feel worse later. You are basically delaying sadness and when it comes back it hits twice as hard. Alcohol specifically is a depressant meaning it stops things from working especially the receptors in your brain. Depending on your predisposition it can make things better or worse for you. I suggest taking it out with someone (maybe a professional) unless you think you can keep yourself drunk enough through whatever it is you are having issues with.

Most Helpful Girl

• Do not drink every day your worried and it sounds like. others are worried for you. That's a flag to check yourself. If you can control yourself then by all means drink sometimes but drinking every day opens the door to being an alcoholic like full blown alcoholic don't let yourself do that to yourself.