How do I learn to like water more?

I'm a spoiled first-world person and I don't like water. If I'm thirsty, I'll drink juice or milk or something, not water. But water is bland to me, so I don't like it. Is there a way to convince oneself to drink more water and like it?

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• ya I was the same way at around 15 ish... just use to drink tons of juices when thirsty... mornings nights, non stop lol

but trust... when it finally hits you
    --> that when you down juices and stuff other than water... it's satisfying while you are drinking it
    --> BUT water makes you feel more optimal in lets say 15 mins... when your body has taken in that water. So if you wanna hit those taste buds, grab a sprite...
    but to feel better overall, drink the water

That morning hydration is critical... I notice a significant difference if I don't have water before the day starts

1|0
    0|0
    • the most important part I forgot to add was that
      --> the more you notice how much better it makes you feel when you are fully hydrated throughout the day vs not being hydrated enough...--> the more you start to appreciate it and like it

that's the real long term fix
      OR
      just grab some crystal light type zero calories powders and use that lol bah

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to be severely dehydrated because I didn’t drink enough water. Try adding lemon juice, or if that doesn’t do it, add a low calorie drink mix

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 30

• Add a squeeze of lemon or lime (or both).
    Fill a large jug with water, sliced fruit (try citrus, berries or melon) and ice; refrigerate overnight.
    Let pineapple chunks soak in water for at least two hours.
    Mash up blueberries or raspberries in the bottom of your glass, then add sparkling or still water.
    Pour in a splash of unsweetened cranberry juice.
    Make ice cubes out of no-sugar-added juice and add to sparkling or still water and cranberry juicewater.
    Tear up some fresh mint leaves and leave to steep in water before drinking.
    Add sliced cucumber for a refreshing zing.
    Freeze clementine slices and use as ice cubes.
    Flavor with Crystal Light (or other sugar-free mix such as Lipton’s Green Tea).
    Make half the glass sparkling water, half the glass still water; it’s not as gassy as sparkling alone.
    Crush some basil leaves, add to water and leave overnight.
    Add some artificial sweetener, like Splenda or Stevia, to give your drink pep without the calories.
    Add a few drops of rose water.
    Brew green or white tea, then chill.
    Add an herbal tea bag like passion fruit; heat with lemon.
    Try no-cal Metromint water (in flavors like Peppermint, Spearmint, Cherry Mint and Chocolate Mint).
    All of these suggestions will not be pure water but will taste different.

1|1
    0|0
  • Buy flavored or enriched water. Do you drink water from a city supply or a well?

1|1
    0|0
    • I mostly drink bottled water or Brita water from the city supply

• Show All
    • Massachusetts

• Ah. I'm sorry you're limited to city water right now. If you can, look for brands like Ice Mountain and Aquafina. Those have always tasted good to me.

• Have a jug of water with a glass next to you or in your room. You will keep drinking water from time to time. Trust me I had the same problem, always preferred juice

1|0
    0|0
  • If you don't drink water you'll catch dehydration and trust me being dehydrated is terrible and a simple cup of water won't recover that.

You better start drinking tons of water now. Dehydration isn't pleasant at all.

1|0
    0|0
  • Join the military. They'll give it, take it, force it and appreciate it.

2|0
    0|0
  • Cut all drinks but water out of your life for a month. When the month is over you'll find you prefer water to half of the stuff you used to drink.

1|1
    0|0
  • The day will come in few years the global warming will increase the sea levels so whether you want it or not you have water in your house. just wait a little bit longer.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just add some of that low calorie crystal light shit, or whatever it's called. Start off with the full thing, and slowly reduce how much you have, until you've gradually associated the taste of water, with the flavor of whatever powder you have.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just keep drinkin it, and eat somethin with it to get some flavor in yo mouth.. You'll learn to like it if you drink it all the time..

1|0
    0|0
  • I used to add some lemon juice to it. But i mainly statted to drink it, cus all we have is coke and tea, and the coke burns while the tea is just 99.9999% sugar.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yep. Drink a shit load of sodas or sugary drinks for a while, like 2-5 days straight, no water at all or anything else. You'll be craving something more neutral in no time with all that fucking sugar making you feel like a pile of mud. Then as you do drink your first glass of clean, pure water after so long, be observant at how good it feels while it goes down your throat. Actually, sometimes I can even feel it spread throughout my body, or it feels like it is, when I haven't had a glass of water in a while. Very refreshing and it seems to just perk your senses up.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just start drinking it. Rather than going and getting a coffee or coke or whatever, get a water. You'll learn to love it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Want to learn to like water more?
    Come to Africa and you will water more when you can't find juice and the sun scotches you

1|0
    0|0
  • I love water. You can always drink tea, coffee, crystal light, koolaid... there are a lot of add ins to flavor it

1|0
    0|0
  • water is really important for health, and ery beneficial, which most people dont know

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm a spoiled first world person and I like water. Be like me.

1|0
    0|0
  • You are gonna catch cancer by 25 if you continue like this

1|0
    0|0
  • Drink. Some. Wahter.

1|0
    0|0
  • You can try MIO

1|0
    0|0
  • infuse water with some fruit/herbs etc.

2|0
    0|0
  • Flavored waters or drink mix packs always help

1|0
    0|0
  • Drink more water.

1|0
    0|0
  • Add fruit to your water for a natural flavoring.

2|0
    0|0
  • Keep drinking it your tastebuds will readjust

1|0
    0|0
  • Add some Crystal Light

1|0
    0|0
  • Just stop drinking other liquids

1|0
    0|0
  • DRINK WATER, WATER IS GOOD FOR YOU!!!

1|0
    0|0
  • you force yourself to drink nothing but water

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope

1|0
    0|0
  • Be in a desert with nothing to drink.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• The more you drink water the better you will feel. You will notice a difference once it becomes a regular habit. You can add fruit or lemon to your water. People use that method to satisfy their cravings for juice or soda.

1|0
    0|0
  • You’ll never like it, just drink it anyways. Water is the only thing I drink and lemme tell you I sure as hell don’t drink it because I like the taste.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sparkling water there are also different flavors
    Although I find it disgusting

1|0
    0|0
  • Add flavorings to it. I drink three to four gallons of water a day.

1|0
    0|0
  • Flavoured water. I dont like milk or water haha theyre both plain to me so adding flavour helps

1|0
    0|0
  • Whaaaa but water is amazing!!! XD just get a fancy cup

1|0
    0|0
  • I used to put lemon in my water

1|0
    0|0
  • You could infuse the water with fruits

1|0
    0|0
  • Go to Europe and drink water in Barvaria, Germany—its quite good, lol