How often do you drink alcohol (and read below to answer my other question)?

My boyfriends 21st bday is this month and he's been talking about drinking forever. I mean he's drank before but he's tryna go all out since he’ll be legal now. He claims he won't get drunk and that he's never been drunk. Im not tryna be a party pooper so im like ok have fun ig. I can't go since we’re ldr. But im worried deep down because he's talking about having like a couple of drinks but that he shouldn't get drunk since 2 cups never effected him. I dont drink but i do worry about him drinking while im not around. he's never drank outside of home before and I don't know what to expect since he’ll be hanging with an old HS friend. He said they’ll prob have 2 drinks at a restaurant and then go to a liquor store after. Since i want kids in the next year or so should i be worried about his fertility since he claims he’s gonna buy a 6 pack of whatever and drink them on different days? Like is he on the path to becoming a drunk/less fertile? #AlcoholicsMixtape #FeelFreeToList
  • I dont drink
  • I dont drink yet but i will start when legal
  • I drink daily
    Vote C
  • I drink every other day
    Vote D
  • I drink at least once a week
    Vote E
  • I drink a few weeks a month
    Vote F
  • I drink once a month or so
    Vote G
I also worry because the next day is our 1 year anniversary. Im afraid if he drinks too much he’ll have a hangover and wanna sleep in all day :( i was supposed to be there for his bday and our anni but i didn't get hired anywhere yet so a flight to him looks near impossible at this point.
He and i talked it over. Im not too worried about the bday night. I just didn't want him to have a hangover the next day (our anniversary) and i also didn't want him going out drinking with a guy he hasn't seen since HS (but he's still gonna do it anyway) and I didn't want him to continue drinking after that day (but he said he prob will a few times a month which ig is the closest i’ll get to none). So ig we’ll be ok. Thanks for tips people

2048

Most Helpful Guys

• Worry about alcohol consumption the week of trying to get pregnant. Its short lived. doesn't lower fertility but can make the less desirable DNA get through

• Ohhh okay thank you :) and wow less desirable like mentally challenged or something? But i asked cause i watched a show the other day and they said 1 drink of alcohol is equal to 1 drink of soda and that both can shorten fertility or something

• If you think if he liked drinking that it will be a deal breaker it woyld be better to end it before kids. If not a problem for you then dont worry

• Also, since you said worry the week we plan to conceive... should i worry if our bachelor (ette) party is in vegas (alcohol world) the day before the wedding. Cause im pretty sure he's gonna drink. I totally kinda expect it 🙈

Most Helpful Girls

• Never had a drink of alcohol in my life

• Yea i tried it but dont like it. Can you read my story

• Believe me it is not gonna effect his fertility lol. I come from a family of alcoholics who have no problem at all making babies.

• I don't drink anymore.

• What was your reason for stopping and how long did it last

• I only drank for a couple years, actually. I stopped mostly for health reasons, but alcoholism runs on both sides of my family also and the thought of possibly becoming an alcoholic kinda scares me. I did have a glass of wine a few weeks ago, but that's pretty much all the alcohol that I've had in the past couple years.

• Yea his dad drank a lot. I wouldn't call hima drunk tho but I don't know