Do black people like chicken more than white people?

Is it a myth?

621

Most Helpful Girl

• There's some factual historical background from which that stereotype originated from, but that's it. No reason to still take it seriously.

Most Helpful Guy

• Purely a myth. Chicken is the most common meat on the planet. It goes with so many different dishes and can be prepared in so many different ways. However, it is stereotyped that we like fried chicken more than white people. I can't say if it's a myth or not. Black people have a history of fried food in their diets dating back at least a century or 2. I guess it just kind of followed with them.