Do black people like chicken more than white people?

Is it a myth?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• There's some factual historical background from which that stereotype originated from, but that's it. No reason to still take it seriously.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Purely a myth. Chicken is the most common meat on the planet. It goes with so many different dishes and can be prepared in so many different ways. However, it is stereotyped that we like fried chicken more than white people. I can't say if it's a myth or not. Black people have a history of fried food in their diets dating back at least a century or 2. I guess it just kind of followed with them.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• That's a stereotype lol, I think it's personal preference actually.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm white and I love chicken like my life depends on it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sincerely, who cares? Just eat the damn chicken.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm not sure but I think it has something to do with just fried chicken.

0|1
    0|0
  • No I think everyone likes chicken but we sure know how to put our foot in it better than white people

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 20

• Haha! Hilarious!

One of Dave Chappelle's greatest jokes! Good job!

"All these years, I thought I liked chicken because it was delicious, and come to find out that I am genetically predisposed to liking chicken!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8YAK8oMEKI

0|3
    0|0
  • Of course it's a myth, it's a stupid stereotype.
    I'm white and I like chicken, I go to KCF once in a while, some people like chicken more than others, some like it casually, some don't like it at all, it doesn't matter the race, it's all just a matter of taste and preference.

3|1
    0|0
  • Well generally black people dislike white people, "All y'all are racist crackers!" So they most definitely like chicken more.

I don't know about people liking fried chicken, but I'm white and hate KFC - never tried popeyes, but everyone I ask says that they like it.

I like General Tso's chicken and Chicken Tika Masala a lot, but that's because Asian restaurants know how to season.

Chicken nuggets are good though - but not crazy good.

0|1
    1|0
    • You don't actually know any black people, do you?

• Yes I do. One was staying at my house for the weekend actually.

The black people I know are Christians, so they're well mannered, but in black communities around Philadelphia and other big cities, anti-white racism is common.

• I live in a neighbourhood with mostly black people. In the weekends there is a market. Buses full of black people go there to buy fried chicken and there are fried chicken shops all over the place. So I am inclined to believe that it is true lol.

By the way it feels weird to say 'black people'

0|1
    0|0
  • 0|2
    0|0
  • Its no co incidence that big smoke liked cluckin bell

0|1
    0|0
  • The myth is NOT that they like chicken more than white people. It's that they like FRIED chicken more than white people. As for the truth of that myth, who started KFC?

2|0
    0|0
  • I'm sure there are some black people who like white people less than they like chicken. After all, no chicken ever lynched anybody.

1|1
    0|0
  • They like chicken more than they like White people. And White people like BBQ hotdogs better than they like Black people.
    Food > than people. :)

0|2
    0|0
  • I'm pretty sure that black people like chicken more than they like white people.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm black, but I don't like fried all that much, on a salad or dipped in sauce maybe, but yeah...

0|1
    0|0
  • Myth. Everyone loves fried chicken. It breaks boundaries.

0|1
    0|0
  • I’m white and KFC is my blood type

1|3
    0|0
  • Myth

2|1
    0|0
  • Myth

1|1
    0|0
  • Myth

0|0
    0|0
  • Not in Georgia or NC.
    Fact.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have no clue at all lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I like chicken more than most people. And I'm brown.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes