Wine Tasting - have you ever tried it?

I am not much of a drinker (of any time of alcohol) but been learning more about different types of wines.
Recently came across that an article that the shape of the bottle will tend to indicate the type of wine it is.
For those wine drinkers out there - did you ever go to a wine tasting or how did you figure out what wines you liked?Wine Tasting - have you ever tried it?

1318

Most Helpful Guy

• I've tasted many wines in many different environments, at home, wineries, wine festivals and wine and food pairings. I've been to Napa, Washington State, Finger Lakes and Virginia for a few.

Wine festivals are nice to sample MANY wines from MANY wineries but you tend to... Tire your tastebuds out and it's hard to dintiguish the different nuances of the wine when it first hits your tongue and when it finishes.

Going to wineries with some driving time in between but it you hit too many in a day, the same tging happens as above so linit how many.

If you are new to drinking wine, go to a couple of wineries and figure out if you like red, white rose, if you like sweet, semi sweet or dry and if you like heavy or light body wines.

I like red, heavier dry oaked wines and dislike white wines and I have determined that I can't go wrong with a wine from Mendoza Argentina

• Awesome! thank you so much! I know there are some red wines I like, I def like the semi-sweet, but I haven't tried that many of each to know my main preference yet. I know there are some wineries in the Tampa Bay area - I will check them out!

• Thank you @CuriousOrator. I think the next time my son is away for the weekend, my SO and I will visit a local wine tasting place so I can experience the different wines gradually to know overload my taste buds.