Is it good to invest in a rice cooker to save money on food and stretch out meals?

Im on a low budget when it comes to groceries and someone suggested I get a rice cooker because they said rice helps make low budget meals and helps stretch out food you make. Is this true?

But do cheap rice cookers work good?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't need a rice cooker. An ordinary covered pot does exactly the same thing.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• There's no need to buy a rice cooker. You can cook rice perfectly fine without a special cooker. Adding rice to your diet might be a good idea, though.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Rice is cheap and those coolers work fine, can’t really go wrong

0|0
    0|0
  • F that, a rice cooker is entirely unneeded.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Yes. Rice and beans are good together.. you can make some chicken or steak how ever you like and you won't have to make as much because you're gonna have two sides.. rice and beans. If you have never cooked beans before all you have to do is cook them with a piece of onion and garlic with some salt..

0|0
    0|0
  • If you really want to stretch your budget, learn how to cook rice in a pan on the stove. It's not hard.

0|1
    0|0
    • Double the amount of water than rice. Bring to boil. Simmer about 20 minutes with a lid without stirring. Remove from heat but keep covered about 10 mins to absorb left over liquid. Pretty simple...

• Show All
    • I usually make Mexican rice so I don't cook much brown rice, my bad.

• @TonyRyanAgain Brown rice takes very well to the flavors you use in Mexican rice. You can cook brown rice in bullion, and add all the same spices.

Many great rice dishes out there.

• You don't need a rice cooker to make rice. I just make it in a regular pot,

0|0
    0|0
  • Not good

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes