Ever thought about going vegan?

Why, why not? Did you try it, what happened? Share your excperiences

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been vegan on/off. I've been eating a vegetarian for many years now and at home when I make my own food it's almost always vegan. I basically only eat non-vegan (vegetarian) when I eat out or when someone else is cooking.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 26

• Vaguely thought about it, but I enjoy meat too much and I don't care enough about the difference in nutrition and overall health. I also don't entirely believe everything I've been told about the health and nutrition stuff because everyone who has told me has been biased. I've heard people talk about losing weight by going vegan, but my own brother lost 50 pounds in 4 months by eating nothing but chicken wings and beef taco salad. I also enjoy cooking a lot. I'm very good at cooking meat so going vegan would end that.
    As for the animal rights side of this, I don't like tortured, stressed, imprisoned livestock. It's terrible for everyone. The big corporations make up these terrible farms and force farmers to do these terrible things and still pay their farmers peanuts.
    I think veganism isn't a bad thing though. I think this balance of meat consumers and vegans and vegetarians has a positive effect. If we sway too far in one direction, too much economical and ecological harm will occur. It's kind of obvious what the negative affects of everyone being complete meat eaters is, but if we all overnight eliminated meat from our diets, many farmers, small businesses, restaurants, butchers, truckers, vets, and all the businesses that supply those industries would take massive damage, and for what? They didn't like what some documentary showed them? A biased documentary with a goal of persuasion? Next time you're watching a documentary and you start to feel like you may have a change in heart, read the title of the documentary again and ask yourself if this information is true or if it's biased.

0|0
    0|0
  • I tried, and it made me sick. I lost over fifty pounds. Turns out plant fibers are harder to digest than meat fibers. My digestive system couldn't handle it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Haha, you asked almost the same question that I asked a while back πŸ˜‰

I am not and I dont want to be 😊 and I never tried to be 😁
    I love foods and I enjoy eating, I dont want to lose it πŸ˜‹

0|0
    0|0
  • Navy isn't accommodating to vegans, even if I for some reason changed my views and wanted to it would be difficult.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would go vegan, but then I'd have to start shooting people.

1|0
    0|0
  • Fuck no meat tastes too good and is the easier way for me to get dem proteins and other nutrition that I need

0|0
    0|0
  • Wouldn't even entertain the thought of it...

I need my meat... That's that...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I was strictly Vegan for 3 years. It was an interesting time. I was up again a lot of resistance from other people. I would make sure not to bring it up but invariably it would come up when I ate around people. I had to answer question after question at every meal and would be introduced as "the vegan". None of this is all-in-all bad but it felt like a lot of social pressure and there was a definite sense of "us" and "the vegan" amongst my friends.
    My family would question me at every dinner and seemed to see my dietary choices as a disregard for the way I was raised.
    I eventually decided to be flexible around other people (eat what I was given) and favour a mostly vegan diet at home.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably not just because I love meat but it's completely the persons choice

0|0
    0|0
  • No, there's side effects of the diet that I don't want

0|0
    0|0
    • Like what?

• Unless you make sure you get a certain number of calories and protein a day you will get tired and sluggish all the time because plant based foods are not high in calories or protein, your bone density will decrease from lack of certain nutrients that a vegan diet neglects resulting in your bones fracturing easier (unless you supplement properly), you'll end up having digestive problems from all the fiber you'll be eating on a vegan diet.

• I'm not a good enough cook to make it work.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never.

0|1
    0|0
  • Never have never will

0|0
    1|0
  • No, I can’t give up steaks.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fuck no

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, I'd miss bacon to much πŸ˜‹

0|0
    0|0
  • I am vegan

But I take dairy products too

0|0
    0|0
  • No way I love meat way too much

0|0
    0|0
  • Chicken is love πŸ˜‚ yummy

0|0
    0|0
  • Never. I crave meat too much

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope! I like meat to m7ch

0|0
    0|0
  • no...

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I enjoy eating meat, and i hate salads

0|0
    0|0
  • I did for 6 months. Awful

0|0
    0|0
  • never. And I hate when those idiots try to tell me that I should kill and clean the animal meat myself if I want to eat meat. They don't make their own toilet paper, but they have no problem using it to wipe their ass.

0|0
    0|0
  • I could go vegan, however living with many people who eat meat and everything else I feel it would put a burden on them.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• Hahah... I love meat too much. Although it would be easy. Just eat beans with tortillas. lol I already try my best to add veggies everyday.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do a vegan diet every now and again just to clean out my system! It really isn't as hard as it seems!

0|0
    0|0
    • Wanna tell me more about cleaning out your system? Like a detox thing?

• I love vegetables!

1|0
    0|0
  • nope, love meat too much

0|0
    0|0
  • I did 3 years ago :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Sorry but I like my meat to much to go vegan.

0|0
    0|0
  • No chance
    I like food

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes