Has anyone on here ever water fasted?

If so, please let me know how it was for you! I’m interested in trying it— I heard it’s good for the body to do a water fast. For those who are unaware, a water fast is strictly surviving on water! No food, apparently you can also have caffeine free herbal tea. It only lasts for a week so no need to worry about starving.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I haven't tried it personally but a friend of mine has. Its a very fast way of losing a lot of weight and you don't put it all back on afterwards. It cleans out the toxins from your body, so clearer skin too. Downside is bad breath due to breaking down of proteins, needing the bathroom a lot and day 4 & 5 are really bad

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• I'd strongly recommend against it- you need to consume enough calories to maintain your Basal Metabolic Rate (look up a calculator for that online).

0|1
    0|0
  • No food? That sounds like a tale from Leningrad or the turnip winter. Why'd anyone do that on purpose? That is very unhealthy, albeit not deadly. Reducing the food intake can increase the lifespan, which is why holocaust survivors become so old, but what you are proposing is ludicrous

0|0
    0|0
  • there are many other things that you can try first before doing it. if u have a normal diet then water fast would be a drastic change for you, do it but gradually

0|1
    0|0
  • Its very unhealthy especially to people who consume normal amount of food as well. could even lead to ulcers. and caffeine is a really bad choice. take my suggestion. don't do it

0|0
    0|0
  • i know some girl who did it, she lasted 1.5 weeks before passing out

0|0
    0|0
    • Ya I was only looking at doing it for a week

• oh ok, well you seem to have done your research so goodluck and have fun :)

• Hopefully I’ll be able to do it lmao I love food a lot

• i do that every year for a month, im a muslim so in the month of Ramadan i do that

0|0
    0|0
    • Because Ramadan is quite obviously the same as eating nothing at all.

• I mean, at least every single Muslim I know consumes more than literally nothing. Maybe they're all just not real Muslims.

• Be careful. A guy at my gym almost died because of it, 4 days in the hospital.

0|0
    0|0
    • How did he almost die? The human body can last weeks without food.

• Show All
    • I was only planning on doing it for a week!

• Ah, cool

• It is extremely unhealthy due to your body needs, your stomach has acid and that acid needs something in there to break down. If not the acid will start to tear away at your stomach lining as a need to digest it to provide for your body with energy. Which even when you finish your week cleanse of water will destroy your metabolism, as to now your body expects less chances to eat food. So it will break down food slower in an attempt to preserve itself and provide for the body. Which will then make you gain weight and then make you wanna repeat the cleanse, thus starting a viscous cycle. If you wanna eat lite in an attempt to lose weight then just eat easy to digest foods, do not deprive your body of what it needs to be at its peak performance. Doing this type of cleanse is bad and can lead to other health problems in the future, let alone will make you tired and weak with no motivation to do anything. Its just a bad idea all around.

0|0
    0|0
  • Good thing I kept reading

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• That sounds very unhealthy and dangerous. I wouldn't recommend it.

0|1
    0|0
    • It’s not an unhealthy thing haha people fast all the time. It’s actually proven to help instead of harm.

• Show All
    • Didn't you read @alinakhanx0x say you shouldn't do it? You're a grown woman and you can do whatever you want with your body but I'm saying you should probably contact a doctor or a nutritionist before doing this. There are healthier ways to cleanse your body and lose weight.

• Her only reasoning was being tired. It’s not for weight loss 🙄. I’m only curious.

• Yup. I did. Once. It was really exhausting. And we Muslims usually keep it during the month of Ramadan. But I suggest u should not do that. Cuz it was really tiring.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it was wonderful

0|0
    0|0
    • Really? How long did you fast for?

• i read it as "water farted" i was like who farts water? haha

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes