Is it possible for a person who weighs only 115 lbs (around 52 kg) to need to consume like 2500 calories per day?

I've read that the average adult needs 2000 calories per day. But I weigh even less than the average woman. Truth is that I burn lots of calories per day because I walk a lot, but again... it seems too much for someone my size.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Depending on your height, metabolism, and amount of exercise, it is a possibility

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• The average adult needs sooooo much more than 2000 calories per day lol

I did all the math and personal calculations in University and I was at about 5000 per day to maintain my weight at 190. Granted I was higher than most people because of physical activity but no one was at 2000

0|0
    0|0
  • Just eat more than your body burns. You can even use some supliments. Eat more and eventually you will gain mass

0|0
    0|0
    • I am not into gaining muscle mass anyway. I was just finding strange.

• Well i was talking about mass in general. But yah if you want you can eat way more than 2.5k. You're not gonna die.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes