Should I go vegan?

I'm currently vegetarian ( since January 2018 ) , and loving it by the way. But I'm not sure if I should transition into veganism or take it slow and do it in a few years.
  • Yes !!!
  • Uhhh... No

36

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're carefully planning your diet, then by all means go vegan--your diet will meet your dietary needs.

If you're randomly jumping into veganism and just eat whatever every day, then you should stick with vegetarianism, and you should definitely think about being more careful about your diet.

This isn't to say that people who eat meat have no need to be careful about their diet--they do, possibly more so than vegans. But when you cut potential sources of nutrients from your diet, you need to make sure that you're getting those nutrients elsewhere. Fruits, vegetables, and nuts contain every nutrient necessary for the human body except for vitamin B12; you just need to make sure you're eating a variety of veggies each week as opposed to one vegan I know who eats french fries and a veggieburger every day and looks like a cancer patient.

• I already eat 89% healthy as it is , especially since becoming vegetarian. And I don't like junk food that much anyway.

Most Helpful Girl

• I went vegan overnight and it wasn't hard for me, I love fruits and vegetables... But if you want to you can take it slow. I guess it depends on why you want to go vegan.