I have 544 calories left for today. What would you eat with that?

I started a diet a couple of days ago, and I'm trying to grasp how many calories everything has. I've gotten through the day pretty well, I just need to figure out what to eat this evening with the calories I have left, and hopefully not use all of them. What would you eat if you were me? If you don't have a genuine suggestion, please don't comment.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I'd eat like half a kilo of gravlax.

No, but really.
    If you are dieting, then simply go with what you like that aligns with what you generally should be eating.
    Lean protein, perhaps some low-fat dairy, fiber and go low on carbs.

Personally, for dinner I just make appetizers like deviled eggs or salmon/prosciutto rolls with some leafy vegetables, or maybe grilled mushrooms, forgoing bread.

0|0
    0|0
  • Celery has zero calories. Put some ranch in a small bowl ( count the calories in the ranch!)... great snack!!!

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It’s not just the calories. Not every calorie is equal. If you’re just going by calories, your “diet” won’t work.
    You need to watch your fat, sugar, sodium, and carbohydrate intake as well.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 44

• Download myfitnesspal if you want more insight to calories. You can even scan your products and it will show it. You can also look up rice, potato, pasta etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • Carbs fill you up. So perhaps some pasta with tuna? and bread with hummus?
    You are an hour ahead of me time-zone wise, so I think you'll make it with those things throughout the day :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Forget what you have left, what do you want to eat? If it's more just earn it at the gym... simples!

0|0
    0|0
  • Make yourself a good ass protein shake. Go all out make it like a smoothie. Not really a food but if you add fruits and stuff maybe some ice for consistency it'll fill you up

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd eat pasta I guess.

I never cared about calories personally, when I wanted to lose weight I just ate less than before and that worked perfectly fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • A handful of almonds. They also help alleviate hunger if that's an issue.

0|0
    0|0
  • Half a sub sandwich, 6 inch.
    Or
    2 peanut butter sandwiches, minus the jelly.

0|0
    0|0
    • It would be a pb&j if it had jelly not a peanut butter sandwich. Lol

• That’s why I said “minus the jelly.”

• OMG wow. You can't minus the jelly when there is no jelly in a peanut butter sandwich already.

• Yogurt is a great source of protein and light on the stomach A [Parfait] sounds good ;-)

0|2
    0|0
  • One grilled chicken breast with brown rice and some vegetables. Should total around 250 to 270 calories.
    390 to 400 if you want 2 chicken breasts

0|0
    0|0
  • Fresh fruit. You would be surprised what 544 calories worth of fruit looks like.

0|0
    0|0
  • Stop viewing calories, it can cause anxiety. Only avoid oily food, excessive sugar and fat.

0|0
    1|1
  • I'd eat a salad or a few fruits. Something healthy. :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Sweet potato is super filling. Also pretty much any super foods are low calorie, and eggs.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would go with vegs like cucumber capsicum onionnor tomato for low cal

0|0
    0|0
  • 544 lol. I love how exact that is.

I’d eat some chips. Like Cheetos or Doritos.

0|0
    0|0
  • Get a bag of stir fry vegetables and 8 oz of chiken

0|0
    0|0
  • 0.5 chicken breast, seasoned lightly and with a small cube of butter, then two bananas, sliced.

0|0
    0|0
  • 544 ıst perceft :D and if you can make salad and slepp :D

0|0
    0|0
  • Eat some ass

0|1
    0|0
  • Eat a snicers your not you when your hungry

2|1
    0|0
  • ME THATS not a lot so Me

0|0
    0|0
  • some fruits or some noodles

0|0
    0|0
  • Some gravel might be just ideal! ^^

0|0
    0|0
  • Are you sure you need dieting? What's your BMI?

0|0
    0|0
  • Diets...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yoghurt!

0|0
    0|0
  • Dolmades

0|0
    0|0
  • popeyes fried chicken, or churches chicken

0|0
    0|0
  • If I were you... I would have eaten Brownie

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 11

• But you know that isn't everything. Of those 544 calories, how many proteins and carbohydrates do you have left? That will tell what to eat next.

Anyway, I would choose some meat, because of it's huge amount of proteins in its calories in comparison with the carbohydrates. Proteins are never left over.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some kind of lean meat with rice then pack your plate with salad and or veggies

0|2
    0|0
  • I have this issue a lot where I have a lot of remaining calories at the end of the day and I’m going exactly by my diet and I feel like I’m getting all the nutrition I need, I’m by no means starving or anything. What diet are you on? I’ve done so many diets maybe i can help you if the one I’ve done! Right now I’m doing the slim fast diet and I really do like it a lot and I’ve been dropping weight really quick! I recommend it!!! Their shakes are super yummy. And they have amazing snacks I’m obsessed with.

0|0
    0|0
    • I’d say though maybe eat a salad! Some dressings can be higher in calories so a salad can get pretty high up there. Or maybe fish or chicken, green beans and and maybe potatoes? I love chicken I eat a lot of it!!! 500 calories is a lot though so it’s hard to decide what to eat that’s “healthy” that is, that much. I’d say just maybe eat some fruit or any kind of healthy snack that fills you up! Maybe rice cakes? And if you still have remaining calories oh well. As long as you aren’t starving!

• Drop the counting calories and start focusing on consuming healthy nutrients instead. You won’t be so overwhelmed and the calories you are putting in your body are all going to be healthy, good calories

0|0
    0|0
  • mmm, i would pretend i was eating 544 calories in nibbles of fried food and end up wrecking my diet.

0|0
    0|0
    • you might go for a dark chocolate bar, or some homemade popcorn. squelch cravings and you still have maybe 200 calories to play with

• I would probably eat oatmeal with some fruit in it, sweetened with sweetener, or something with more protein like pistachios as a snack or beef Jerky

0|0
    0|0
  • Im skinny and im 41 kg only 😂
    Right now i wanna gain weight

I belive just eat what you like

0|0
    0|0
  • Steak and grilled veggies like brocoli and mashed potatoes

0|0
    0|0
  • I say instead of eating three meals a day eat 5 small meals.

0|0
    0|0
  • Id eat cake or pie or something sweet

0|0
    0|0
  • Ice cream

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes