Foods that are yummy yet healthy?

Recently I have been going through quite hard times... had to visit the doctor and he has banned fried food, spicy food, oily food, all those good stuff for me. No more chicken nuggets, french fries... and... NO MORE BIRIYANI FOR ME I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS :'(

I can still eat sweet stuff... but I don't have a sweet tooth. I still want something savory to eat. I can stay without spicy food... yep. The only food that I can think of now is dumplings, I freaking love dumplings, but otherwise the list is still blank.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well then its time to have some Vege food :)
    I can really feel your pain right now but Why doctor grounded you in the first place?
    Sharp burning pain in stomach or acidity.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No Biryani 😱😱

I will suggest
    - Khichdi
    - Coconut milk and vegetable stew
    - Rajma (use less spices) and rice
    - Chicken curry (less spicy)
    - Or just stir fried chicken with only very few spices and veggies (you can get recipes online)
    - Scrambled eggs, egg rolls
    - Prawn stew
    - Baked carrots + hung curd with dash of garlic
    - My most favourite curd rice! πŸ™ˆ

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• Plain ol' khichdi πŸ˜‚
    Easily digested - check
    Looks nasty - check
    Somewhat tasty - check
    Bengali food style - check (particularly on rainy days)

1|0
    0|0
  • Masala oats if, it's available.
    Palak paneer, wheat/aata noodles, poha, rice and peas, explore different sandwich options, dal Makhani, lady finger etc.

1|0
    0|0
    • I heard of masala oats for the first time. I ate Palak Paneer in India but it's not a thing in here. I will still ask mom because I loved it. What is poha?

• Show All
    • Then, ice cream or maybe you can Google about Golas. That's something necessary in summers. It's sweet tho

• Sweet stuff, I have plenty of them to eat. Ice cream, chocolates, sweets... yum. But I want savory stuff :'(

• Hummus, salsa with sour cream and corn chips. Vietnamese food.

1|0
    0|0
  • You can still have chicken and beef, just cook them in less oil, i eat beef regularly, for protein intake, and i cook it in just two tbsp olive oil, and it tastes really awesome, use spiced and vegetables more in cooking to change the taste

0|0
    0|0
  • Normally I totally avoid oily and spicy food, also avoid eating out.. Here are some of the foods that are tasty and healthy:
    1. Hummus - right up there! it's a lebanese dish, its made from chickpeas, its really yummy and taste awesome too..
    2. Pitabread pizza - This is what my mom makes, she uses pita bread as the base, and puts some yummy thin sauce on top of it, adds onions, capsicum and tomato and heats it in the microwave and gives it to me! It's almost like pizza but sans the cheese.. It's yummy :)
    (It's not healthy though, but it's without oil and spiciness so I guess it's okay to have it)
    3. Tabbouleh - If bought from the right place.. it tastes so yummy :)
    4. Mysore Masala Dosa - I just love this dish, it's my favorite. It's not that healthy though..

1|0
    0|0
  • U can have the biryani.

1|0
    0|0
  • Reading this is making me hungry

1|0
    0|0
  • Sushi. Best food in the world, yet still healthy.

1|0
    0|0
    • I don't like undercooked meat or fish.

• Show All
    • Fair enough.

• To the point that I am basically the only kid among my peers who grew up eating actual Bengali food in my life, not just once a year on Bengali New Year. My school is the type where only rich brats study, so yeah.

• Tacos.

1|0
    0|0
  • McDonald's

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol yummy

0|0
    0|0
  • hummus

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Berries
    Bananas
    Oatmeal
    Rice
    Soup
    Hummus

1|0
    0|0
    • Berries- it's not the season, however I eat a lot of seasonal fruits that are available during the season, especially summer.
      Bananas- I eat at least one every day.
      Oatmeal- I used to eat oatmeal but they worsen my stomachache.
      Rice- I eat that everyday as well
      Soup- good idea
      Hummus- I actually don't know what it is.

Thank you for the recommendations :)

• Mangos

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes