Who taught you how to cook?

1425

Most Helpful Guys

• My parents are both good cooks but they didn't exactly teach it to me. From my dad I learned to experiment a lot and try new things. My mom I learned how to work in a very systematic, organized way. In the end, though, I taught it to myself. When I was around the age of 16, I began to prepare my own dinners during weekdays. At first, I would only make simple things and ask my mom for help. Later, I enjoyed being more independent and adventurous. Perhaps more than anything else, I've learned from my own errors. This is still true today. For example it has taken me several years to figure out the perfect way to bake my pizzas. When I finally did figure it out last year, it was a moment of great excitement :-). The same is also true for baking, where too much experimenting can be more fatal. For example I made a cake last week and it was pretty good but not perfect. I already have an idea which two changes will probably improve it. So, maybe in a few weeks when I have some free time, I'll try it again.

Most Helpful Girls

• Both my mother and my father. I still can't cook well but it's a start.