Generally is raw fish/seafood safe to eat?

I actually do like it but wouldn't want to catch worms in my body like this case:

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/19/man-got-huge-tapeworm-eating-sushi-7241993/

That's the only reason I avoid eating raw fish (or any raw seafood) but I've already eaten chicken makis and also the cooked version. I'm wondering if the Japanese actually get infected or is raw fish really safe to eat?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Generally, raw food isn't safe to eat, as far as I know. Even sushi can be problematic if it's low quality stuff

• True. No doubt their food is great and exotic but I'm not taking too much risk of getting infected.

• I think that's wise, I would be freaked out if I got infected by that stuff

Most Helpful Girl

• Raw fish is inedible, disgusting. The fish is cooked on the grill. I do not understand how these Chinese people have a taste of palate­čśé