Is honey vegan?

I was just having rice cakes for the first time and their taste wasn't the best. The package I bought is vegan (no idea if there are ones that aren't vegan), but due to the taste I decided to add honey to them. And that's when I started wondering - is honey vegan?
I personally don't think so, but I'm curious to hear other opinions.

214

Most Helpful Guy

• Honey is not considered vegan. But who cares? If you like honey, eat honey.

• Well if a person has sworn off all animal products, then I guess they'd care.

• Yeah, well there's no consistency with Vegans, so there's that.

Most Helpful Girl

• By definition, vegans do not eat animals or use animal products, typically for ethical or environmental reasons. While bees makehoney themselves, which is an animal product, whether you consume it or not depends on your beliefs as avegan.20