Is honey vegan?

I was just having rice cakes for the first time and their taste wasn't the best. The package I bought is vegan (no idea if there are ones that aren't vegan), but due to the taste I decided to add honey to them. And that's when I started wondering - is honey vegan?
I personally don't think so, but I'm curious to hear other opinions.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Honey is not considered vegan. But who cares? If you like honey, eat honey.

1|0
    0|0
    • Well if a person has sworn off all animal products, then I guess they'd care.

• Yeah, well there's no consistency with Vegans, so there's that.

Most Helpful Girl

• By definition, vegans do not eat animals or use animal products, typically for ethical or environmental reasons. While bees makehoney themselves, which is an animal product, whether you consume it or not depends on your beliefs as avegan.20

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• FREEZE!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • No, honey is not vegan, because it is obtained by exploiting animals. Insects are still in the animal kingdom.

1|0
    0|0
  • Honey is not vegan it comes from bees that are a animal vegans will not eat anything from a animal. They are also they stupid

1|1
    0|0
  • No. It's actually the least Vegan thing in the world, a single teaspoon is worth 12 bees' lives work.

1|1
    0|0
  • It is vegan for sure. All monks use it to sweeten their vegan diet.

1|0
    0|0
    • I think monks are just vegetarians, not vegans. I think honey definitely isn't vegan. Bees seem to hate it when people steal their honey and stuff

• Show All
    • Why are you sorry? As I have understood it, what the Japanese call "farming", Westerners would call "gardening" because of the level of care and attention.

• I was sorry because I failed to clear the difference of mine and your perception. If you would not willing to clear this out, I would not have a chance to verify my thought either. It could leave a significant misunderstanding here.

Frankly, I recently have had this big argument with my girlfriend about this too. And I failed to completely comprehend her point of view until your explanation absolutely cleared my thought in a grandiose size.

Thank you.

• Honey is basically bee puke made out of nectar so i'm not sure myself.

1|0
    0|0
  • You heartless beast! Enslaving all those bees!

1|1
    0|0
  • No, honey isn't vegan

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd say no...

1|0
    0|0
  • No. Honey is made by bee work. It's slave labor.

1|0
    0|0
  • Honey isn't vegan because bees produce it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like meat

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Honey is most definitely not vegan.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• No, it's a product of a living creature. Blue agave is a vegan alternative.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes