A friend/family member has just made you dinner and it's gross. What do you do?

A friend/family member has just made you dinner and it's gross. What do you do?
  • I let them know it's disgusting
    Vote A
  • I keep eating "to be polite" but take tiny bites
    Vote B
  • I pretend I'm not really hungry anymore
    Vote C
  • I push the food around the plate
    Vote D
  • I fake an allergy to some ingredient in the food to avoid eating it
    Vote E
  • I tell them it's great and keep eating normally
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• Eat around the unpleasant bits. Try to eat some of the gross stuff but then politely say it's not to my taste. They should understand. If they are good friends/family they ought to have known what was to your taste in the first place and not cooked you something you wouldn't like

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I can remember when this happened. My sister made meatloaf for the first time and forgot to put breadcrumbs in it and so it was basically a loaf of meat covered in ketchup that had been cooked. All in all not awful but when you go for a bite of meat loaf and end up with just cooked hamburger in your mouth it is weird. I just let her know it was strange and we looked over the recipe and figured out what happened.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• I’d channel my spirit animal Gordon Ramsay
    tenor.com/view/gordon-ramsay-gif-9001346.gif

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess it I will eat tiny bites until I eat enough to swear that I ate then tell him/her that I am full and not hungry anymore

so mix between B and C

0|0
    0|0
  • My brother's girlfriend made a vegan curry and it tasted disgusting. I ate as much as I could without actually throwing up then snuck off to the toilet to actually throw up before returning, sitting down eating a little more and saying I'm full.

1|0
    0|0
  • If i dont know that person very well i will say its awesome and keep eating. Happened to me before , unfortunately.
    If not , i will tell them it sucks and i will go eat something else.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they get up to do something I'll usually let the dog devour some quickly then say I'm not full which is more convincing with most of the food gone because of the dog

0|0
    0|0
  • I tell them 'Sorry but I had a Really big lunch today & I'm kinda full/trying to lose weight/have too much indigestion'

0|0
    0|0
  • I go on a rant rampage like imma possessed by gordan Ramsey himself

0|0
    0|0
  • Pretend to not find it disgusting and just keep eating, or maybe say I really don't like one of the ingredients

0|0
    0|0
  • Then they aren't much of a friend if they don't know what I like.

0|0
    0|0
  • Eat a small amount and then tell them it's not my favorite.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's unbearably gross then I'll still try my level best to eat half of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I will bluntly tell them it's gross and I'll then make them and myself steaks instead

0|0
    1|0
  • keep eating best as i can but tell them whats wrong politely

0|0
    0|0
  • I remain polite and force myself to eat the whole plate.

0|0
    0|0
  • Shove it on the side, and start cooking.

1|0
    0|0
  • be honest and say its not to your taste

0|0
    0|0
  • I pretend I'm not really hungry anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • I always lie to my family so it's normal for me

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell them

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell them ok we should have got pizza

0|0
    0|0
  • I tell them it's disgusting and leave

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell 'em cuz honesty.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 23

• I tell the truth in a nice way. They should know so they can be better. When it comes to cooking you need to be honest. Some people can actually feel sick if the food wasn't good. I use to always feel sick when I ate something nasty or wasn't cooked right. So I remembered telling myself ( before I started cooking ) that I want complete honesty and to make sure the food I cook is done right if not I'm not going do let anyone eat it.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's just not good, I'd eat a spoonful at a time followed by drink. If it's like hella nasty, I'd either scarf it down or take even smaller bites. And say something like "I don't know why I'm so full! Sometimes I can barely eat (ex) rice, pasta, whatever the food is made of (within reason))

0|0
    0|0
  • No no you let them know the truth and contribute always let someone know i you dont like something otherwise you'll find yourself eating more of it in the future say itnnicley itnisnt something I typically like you'll find there's an agreement upon you dont need to eat it I've had only a small few times someones served me something I can't eat vs i do not like it nods maybe something else is worth it

0|0
    1|0
  • I'm an adult, I keep eating and say thank you because someone went to the effort of cooking for me!

It won't make me sick and it is edible, so just being polite and eating it is the right thing to do in my book.

1|0
    0|1
  • I don’t say anything if it isn’t necessary, but I don’t want to be dishonest either, so if they ask I just say “it’s not my favorite, but thank you for making the meal for me”

0|0
    0|0
  • Depending on what kind of gross. Like food poisoning or pubic hair gross I'd refuse to take a bite but bad tasting well if eat as much as I could and never make the same mistake again.

0|0
    0|0
  • I tell them it's great and keep eating normally. I can't believe how much people would told them it's gross. It's shocking O-O
    In my country they would be considered rude and they would get hated.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like to hurt people's feelings so I would have to pretend to like it and take tiny bites.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've stomached enough shit meals to spare people's feelings. I will never do that again. I'm saying the food is shit and excusing myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • I tell them it's gross and leave unless they force me to eat it

0|0
    2|0
  • I'd be honest. Probably start laughing and say this is fuckin grosssss

0|0
    0|0
  • They worked hard to make it for me so i will eat it and let them know i appreciate it

0|0
    0|0
  • Pretend i got a business phone call and its an emergency and i have to go right away

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm disgustingly honest so I'll just stop eating it and if they question me I'll tell them I don't like it...

0|0
    1|0
  • I wouldn’t say it was terrible, but I wouldn’t say it was great. Personally, I’d stay quiet and just eat it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Move the food around the plate (so it looks like you ate some) and then say "I'm full". Thank you so much though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well it depends on who it is.. I either spare their feeling or let them know it's awful

0|0
    0|0
  • they are 'my' friends/family members, so they shouldn't have any problems with my reactions. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I'll keep on eating to be polite bcz I don't wanna hurt their feelings

0|0
    0|0
  • I’ll let them know to cook better next time.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would tell

0|0
    0|0
  • Eat as fast as i can and eat it first

0|0
    0|0
  • Just eat it, out of respect.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes