Tipping bartenders and waiters/waitresses?

I know tipping can be a sign of appreciation or a good service but do bartenders or waiters/waitresses get offended when someone tips you? Like do you get offended when someone tips you cause you feel like you now have a price tag and are only worth as much as they tipped you sorta thing of that makes sense? Or do you actually just appreciate the thought and act of someone tipping you?

33

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of bartenders and waiters/waitresses don't get paid well, and make the majority of their cash from tips, hence why it's considered normal to give 10-20% most of the time.

• What would you consider a reasonable tip then?

• (Ill use dollars) Depends where you go, and the cost of the drinks. The values I give her are what my father gives when he goes to this "high-quality" bar in London, for a beer give anywhere from 2-8$, whiskey 5-10$, cocktails (medium-hard difficulty) 5-15$, and so on.