Was my tip okay?

I went out with my father and my uncle to eat Sunday lunch. Our total came out to 35.60, I tipped the girl 6 dollars and paid with my dad’s card because he wanted me to.

The girl only came by twice, to deliver our food and only came to check on us once. She was friendly but I don’t think she did enough to get more than 6$ to just deliver food. I handed her the transaction paper and she looked a little disappointed.

I usually tip 24%, when it’s on my card and when I have good service. Did I do a bad job at tipping her? FYI we are in the USA where tipping is more ethically inclined. She does make minimum of 5.50$ plus tips. We have asked them. But now I feel bad. My dad usually tips them 3-5$ he’s not very knowledgeable on tipping. My dad is also a regular at this place.
  • Tip was okay for minimal job
  • Tip was good
  • You don’t need to tip them if they make minimum amount plus tips
    Vote C
  • You did a crummy job at tipping!!! For shame!!
    Vote D

910

Most Helpful Guy

• 6 on 36 is totally reasonable, especially for minimal service. Me personally I always keep it above 20% tho because I want to be known as a good tipper. 10% is the minimum to not be insulting, 15% is average, anything above 15% is good, anything above 20% is considered very generous. At fancier places they obviously expect more though, like to tip under 15% at a fancy place would be insulting, but we are talking lunch here, how fancy can a fkn lunch be lol I mean I guess it could be but usually lunch isn't that fancy

• Yeah usually I tip 24% but I was using my dads card cos he told me 😅

Most Helpful Girl

• I think 20% tip is a perfect amount to tip. Maybe 15% if you are unhappy with the service. Just mu opinion