I'm thinking of buying sandwiches to eat from now on. Is it a bad idea to buy sandwich material late in the week - like on a Thursday?

For example - does bread last a full 7 - 12 days after you buy it?
Does deli meat purchased on Thursday afternoon last until Friday of the NEXT week?

What kind of sandwich should I buy if I'm gluten sensitive? I think white bread would be better than whole wheat.

Now I don't have a gluten allergy but I'm sensitive to gluten meaning I tend to gain weight when I consume large amounts of it.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It depend on what bread you buy how long it'll last. If you buy fresh baked bread at a bakery it won't last as long as the grocery store bread as it has no preservatives in it. The grocery store bread will last longer as it has got preservatives. What I do is freeze half the loaf, and use the first half right away. Putting bread in the fridge will tend to dry it out. Buy your deli meats on Saturday or Sunday for the next week.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Everybody tend to gain weight when eating large amount of gluten.
    Bread makes you fat, that's no secret.
    Now if you have a fridge anything will last more than a week, but you might want your bread to be fresh for better sandwiches (I'm french so I might be biased on bread quality)
    If you only eat sandwiches you'll get fat, be ready for it. You can try corn starch bread if you're intolerent to gluten, but you'll gain weight nonetheless.

0|0
    0|0
  • We have Vietnamese bakeries here, and they have these roast pork rolls with pork crackling, and salad, they cost about $6, but they are Devine. I don't make lunches, it doesn't seem to taste as good as a freshly purchased sandwich.

0|0
    0|0
  • what you like? salami, provolone, roasted peppers, balsamic vinegar, romaine lettuce.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Bread should definitely be fine. Personally, I'd buy meat like twice throughout that time frame instead, as I think the meat would go baddish.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes