I'm thinking of buying sandwiches to eat from now on. Is it a bad idea to buy sandwich material late in the week - like on a Thursday?

For example - does bread last a full 7 - 12 days after you buy it?
Does deli meat purchased on Thursday afternoon last until Friday of the NEXT week?

What kind of sandwich should I buy if I'm gluten sensitive? I think white bread would be better than whole wheat.

Now I don't have a gluten allergy but I'm sensitive to gluten meaning I tend to gain weight when I consume large amounts of it.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• It depend on what bread you buy how long it'll last. If you buy fresh baked bread at a bakery it won't last as long as the grocery store bread as it has no preservatives in it. The grocery store bread will last longer as it has got preservatives. What I do is freeze half the loaf, and use the first half right away. Putting bread in the fridge will tend to dry it out. Buy your deli meats on Saturday or Sunday for the next week.