When you’re in a restaurant, do you take a picture of the food before you eat it?

When youโ€™re in a restaurant, do you take a picture of the food before you eat it?I always do๐Ÿ˜‹
  • Yes I take a picture
    Vote A
  • No I donโ€™t
    Vote B
  • I never go to restaurants
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Why are so many people getting all worked up about a food picture, that literally costs them nothing, calm down yeezus.

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm always too hungry to think about taking pictures... Sometimes I do though when someone ask me to send what I'm eating.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• If it's a pretty looking dish and nice utensils, plates, cups, etc, then yah I will take a photo of it for memories and to maybe post on social media, if not, I'll just eat it. :]

1|0
    0|0
  • I absolutely do. I love to cook, and food is a huge part of my life. I get inspiration from restaurants or I can go back through and see what I ate at that place that I really loved so I can recommend it to others. I also occasionally do reviews, so it helps others to see the food that they might want to try at a restaurant. My mom used to tease me about this whenever we'd go out for family dinner some place, and now she knows to wait patiently when the food arrives for me to take a snap because she enjoys seeing the pictures and sending them out to friends as her recommendations for good places to eat.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 82

• sometimes, as a quick photo, if the food is great looking enough for remembering afterwards (almost never is), like one of those cake sculptures. i don't share the picture on the interwebs, cept if its a running joke with a bunch of friends (we have a running joke with onion rings, strogonoff, and a particular type of cake) or to show a foreigner how my country's food looks like.

1|0
    0|0
    • What kind of cake?

• @MlleCake (nice name btw) it all started when my friend (who's a photographer) tried to pick his camera shaped cake to take a group pic after having too many drinks during his birthday... he looked at his hands, awkward, and then smelled, and said "hmm... chocolate." and that was it. it became a group meme :P now if we find a cake that's made in the patterns his own was made (inside) we have to post a picture with "hmm... chocolate.", the same for any kind of sculpture cake or anything. his mom was devastated when she saw the camera cake with finger marks, as it costed her a fortune, and she didn't took a picture of it (if i recall correctly, she got his camera close to it to take a picture of it, and that cause the confusion)

• That's fun.

• No but my mum does so whenever I see her takijgnone I place my hand in between her phone and the food

1|0
    0|0
  • Only if it's something exotic or I plan to write a review of the restaurant.

My mom can t stand when I do that.

1|0
    0|0
  • Honestly that was annoying anytime my ex stopped me from eating so she could take a good picture first. Caring too much about social media is a turn off. The exception for me is when traveling and eating exotic food so you take a picture for the memories, usually with people in the picture though not just the food

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope I just let my mouth do the work ๐Ÿ˜‚
    And damn I wish that table was in front of me ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

2|0
    0|0
  • Not always but sometimes. I really should have taken a picture of this one KFC's chicken tenders, they were skinny, and small. They individually were the size of two chick nuggets

1|0
    0|0
  • I prefer to cook for myself. Yes I take pictures of the food that I cook... But not at a resteraunt, unless it was like a crazy huge burger or extravagant desert or something like that.

1|0
    0|0
  • I hate those kind of people

taking pics of the food like you made it haha gtfo

1|0
    0|0
  • Oh, I love taking pics of food, especially simplistic dishes on white plates, sometimes with a spoon / & fork.

1|0
    0|0
  • Restaurants are for people who have families, or go on dates.

I rarely go to restaurants because I have always been single.

1|2
    0|0
  • hell no..
    i mean if i had that habit that would mean as a vampire , i would be carrying evidence to a messf

1|1
    0|0
  • I honestly don't understand why people do this, food is there to be eaten.
    But maybe someone will change my understanding

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe if the food is look amazing but naah i just wana eat๐Ÿ˜

1|1
    0|0
  • No! Unless it's something I never had before. Like deep fried scorpians.

1|0
    0|0
  • No I don't. I start eating as soon as it's on the table.

1|1
    0|0
  • I take pictures of the food I prepare myself. That's just a picture of a meal you or someone else paid for.

1|0
    0|0
  • Iโ€™ve only done it when Iโ€™m on trips and most times I donโ€™t have time for it. I just want to eat the food.

1|0
    0|0
  • I personally think people who do that are sad. It's one thing been proud of something you have cooked or baked from scratch but taking a picture off someone else's is sad.

1|0
    2|0
  • Well normally i don't when i traveled to LA with my friends, i took a lot of pictures of the food because it fascinated me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't ever do that, I think it's pointless but my dad does it all the time.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't but my friends do this only when we are eating something good and at good restaurants, he upload it to snapchat and whatsApp ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚showoff

1|0
    0|0
  • Rarely, only when I want to show it to someone in particular, but if I do it always, I think it's a bit unnecessary ๏ผˆยดใ€‚๏ฝ€)

1|0
    0|0
  • never... i am pleased to not be one of those people

1|0
    0|0
  • Wtf there is no time take a picture, thank God i don't eat my mobile by mistake. ๐Ÿ˜

1|0
    0|0
  • Only if it's really fucking good shit. Then I upload it to google

1|0
    0|0
  • No I donโ€™t cause i don't really go to many restaurants.

1|0
    0|0
  • Unless you're a full-time food critic or you're under 30 I suppose

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm there to eat and share time with the people with me, not post a picture of it.

1|0
    0|0
  • The other day I did that and I sent a picture to my friend

1|0
    0|0
  • I find it very annoying when people do take pictures of their food. Quit playing with your food and eat it

0|0
    1|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 53

• Yes! It depends, but I always do ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

1|1
    0|0
  • nah.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes all the time I'm one of them really annoying people who likes to go to restaurants and take pictures of my food before I eat it. This is a picture of some pad thai I has at this thai restaurant called Zaap the other day, it was really nice I'd highly recommended it ๐Ÿ‘

1|0
    0|0
  • I rarely go to restaurants, only if someone takes me out. If someone took me out and Iโ€™m just taking thousands of pictures of my food, it usually seems to be quite rude to the person, no idea why though. I wouldnโ€™t do it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I always try to, but whenever I take out my phone to take a pic, the plate has magically already emptied itself.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not at restaurants, but I take pictures of food Iโ€™ve made personally before I eat it.

1|1
    0|0
  • I almost never take a photo of my food.
    If i take a picture of my food it would Most offen it would be somthing homemade that took a lot of time and effort to make and it turned out really good.

1|0
    0|0
  • I never do
    If the food suppose to be really good I will sometime twit or post a status about it
    And a second when done

Time showing how good it was ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

1|0
    0|0
  • Only if it's something really unique that you cannot possibly get anywhere else. Like Toothsome's milkshakes or that one restaurant that has steaks shaped like the US

1|0
    0|0
  • Very infrequently.

I like taking pictures of latte art when I order the rare latte.

1|0
    0|0
  • If the plating looks good and I'm trying something I haven't tried before.

1|0
    0|0
  • I take pictures out of the 10% of the times. It is mostly when I go to a nice coffee shop, when everything they serve you is pretty and well presented.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes, if the presentation is nice or if itโ€™s a special occasion that I want to remember.

1|0
    0|0
  • Only if it's well presented. Sometimes i feel like i look crazy so i refrain.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've done that sometimes when I want to post it on Whatsapp and all but I usually don't

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't. What am I gonna do with the picture? Look at it when I'm hungry and feel sorry for myself?

0|1
    0|0
  • I would but I don't eat if I know I'm going out so when it's put in front of me in starving so tuck in before I even think of taking one lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Im a food blogger so if it looks picture worthy I do

1|0
    0|0
  • i rarely go to restaurantes but when i do i ain't gonna take a foto that stupid

0|0
    0|0
  • What's the point?
    " I will always cherish these chicken nuggets. "

0|0
    0|0
  • Is it bad to take pictures? ๐Ÿ˜ข

1|0
    0|0
  • Gosh no why? ๐Ÿ˜‚

1|0
    0|0