Do you prefer your sliced bread toasted or not?

I've always thought that store-bought sliced bread is to be consumed toasted, because it's called "toast bread" where I live..Do you prefer your sliced bread toasted or not?
  • Toasted (if I can choose)
  • Untoasted (even if there was a toaster available)

1024

Most Helpful Guys

• It depends on what I put on it. I've always thought that toasting it is more European, while eating it soft is more American. The poll seems to disprove this idea though. I like it both ways... to the extent that I enjoy that type of bread in general. If I can, I'd always rather have a real bread. Yes, there, I said it ;-).

• It really depends on the situation dear Bubble Tea.
    Mostly all of the time it is toasted, sometimes not.
    Usually I make myself a burger with this kind of bread, thus, I will not be toasting it a lot. It is lighter than having a burger in a burger traditional bread.
    If I will be having chocolate paste with it, then well toasted will be my choice.
    Sometimes I just like to put in a slice of turkey breast with a bit of mayonnaise and or slice of crab with mayonnaise and black olives and have it as a normal sandwich.
    Instead of a toaster, I use the electric grill to press my sandwich in.

Most Helpful Girls

• Fresh bread is heaven, but with a sliced bread like that (which is also called toast bread where I live), I rather freeze them and toast than eat it fresh.

• Does it get crispier when you freeze it first before toasting?

• I don't actually know, because I've never toasted it fresh. I freeze it so it lasts longer.