Do you think it would be mean or even cruel to donate a homeless person a bunch of condiment packets?

Do you think it would be mean or even cruel to donate a homeless person a bunch of condiment packets?Do you think it would be mean or even cruel to donate a homeless person a bunch of condiment packets?
  • yes that would be mean, you should donate actual food instead
    Vote A
  • no, not mean thats actually a good idea
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Not unless you gave them food to go with the condiments.. It would seem like a piss take if you offered them condiments when they have no food to put them on.

Just like it would be pointless giving a homeless person a tin of beans or soup, with no ring pull, if they had no tin opener

2|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I want to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're heart is in the right place... but don't donate condiment packets, donate actual food please.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• Condiments are great but not really worth their wild i bet. Option A. Unless you pair it with proper food food then i wouldn’t see that being cruel

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think it's cruel since at least you're trying to give them something. Plus if they do manage to find food later on but it tastes awful, they could use those to make it taste better. Plus not everyone has extra cash to give away, food, etc but still want to help in some way.

0|1
    0|0
  • That's like offering salt to treat an open wound.

I know a lot of homeless people that will eat condiment packets when they can't get anything else, because that little bit of sauce is better then nothing. We have a huge homeless population here.

The city has public land set aside where the homeless are allowed to camp, and this includes forested areas under highway bridges.

In those areas, we have actual tent cities, with voted "mayors" that establish rules, such as no drugs, no drunks, and and violent offenders must have a letter of recommendation before being allowed into that area. They communally share the cost and use of generators and portapotties, they maintain very neat and clean campsites, and they have gated perimeter fencing, which they take turns guarding. They even keep vegetable gardens, and they fish in the ponds.

2|1
    0|0
  • Yes it's pretty fucked up.
    "Here have some mustard oh and I'll be praying for you"- yea thatd piss me off

0|1
    0|0
  • yes that would be mean, you should donate actual food instead

1|1
    1|0
  • I don’t think it’s mean I just think it’s a bit random why do you want to give condiments?

0|1
    0|0
  • Mean. Condiments are free

0|1
    0|0
    • By this logic, so is all of food in your parents fridge, so why not take that, and give it to the homeless?

Just because *you* didn't pay for something, doesn't make it free.

• @dragonfly6516 the homeless person can always go into a McDonald’s or something and get as many free packs of ketchup/mustard as they want
      They are unable to go into my parents fridge and take that food

• they can do that if the manager allows it. i've seen quite a few homeless people be kicked out of fast food places though.

• That's pretty shitty.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, unless it was with food

1|1
    0|0
  • Going with (A)

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• Condiment packets to use with food not as food! Of course not to eat as food...

0|1
    0|0
  • Its not cruel but it doesn't help them if you dont get them some food

2|1
    0|0
  • Not too mean, but reminds me of a really bad decision my friends and I made as kids

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes that would be mean, you should donate actual food instead

0|1
    0|0
  • No I dont think so giving them anything they can use is nice

0|1
    0|0
  • No. There's nothing inherently wrong with it. It depends upon your intention when giving it.

0|1
    0|0
  • no, not mean thats actually a good idea

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes