Girls, guys, which taste would you prefer: sour, sweet, bitter or salt?

Apparently there is quite some differences between countries or cultures, in terms of what they like most. For example in some countries a biscuit needs to be salty to become popular.
In other countries bitter is popular, think about drinking bitter lemon for example.

If you could choose between these four, which one will it be? For me sweet :D
  • Sweet
    Vote A
  • Sour
    Vote B
  • Bitter
    Vote C
  • Salt
    Vote D
  • Undecided between the four
    Vote E
  • Other
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm undecided about the four dear brother :/ only because I can't purely just pick sweet alone or bitter alone etc We have the ability to taste all 4 so i would want to use that to my full advantage :P

2|1
    0|0
    • You're so right sis :D
      Oh and as long as you leave some sweets for me we'd enjoy that 4 taste meal with a smile :D

• haha sure will dear brother :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Salt. No salt no life. It's food were all sweet, I'd get tired of it real quick. Goes to sour and bitter too. But salt? Oh it's fuckin life. No salt, practically there's nothing to live for anymore. So if you'd ask what's your favourite, I'd say salt. Most definitely. Not too much. Just enough to make it nice. My favorite taste.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 60

• Sweet and salty. I need a combination of both.

0|0
    0|0
    • Haha you sounds like a double addict...
      Admitted, I also love both :D

• I mostly prefer sour or salty things.

I recently downgraded my Starbucks order from half sweet to two pumps and that was still too sweet.

0|0
    1|0
  • Depends on what I’m eating and time of day but overall I prefer a sweet taste.

0|1
    0|0
  • I am most definitely not too keen on things that are sour or bitter. But my 32 week pregnant self isn't liking salty or really sweet either. If its sweet it has to be naturally and salt of any kind is just yuck although today went to eat at my favorite sandwich shop for mothers day and had salt and vinegar chips and they were tolerable.

0|0
    0|0
  • No preference. I only eat salted popcorn but I love chocolate. I prefer tea but if I have to drink coffee, it has to be black. I don't like things with strong tastes or too much sweets.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love eating salty foods though I always stop myself eating a lot of it since too much salty foods is bad. But I also love sweet foods though it always makes me feel full and hyper πŸ˜†

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, salty increases blood pressure and sweet gives you a lot (or too much) energy...

• I'm not sure... I really like sweet but I always crave something savory after eating a lot of sugar.

I don't think I like salty more than sweet or bitter, but possibly sour. :) I like vinegars and limes/lemons

0|0
    0|0
  • Never never limit yourself there are so many wonderful flavors and combination of flavors it's literally endless there are new ones we invented everyday they are technically off for 3.6 alien spices in the world you should want to try every single one of them

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd get rid of sweet and bitter in a heartbeat.
    Salty is probably my first choice yet sour is my close second. I've been born and raised in Greece, I don't know if that's relevant.

0|0
    0|0
  • i picked sweet interesting a lot of girls like salty

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on what i am craving but i usuallt either crave salt or sweet. Mostly sweet probably lol but I don't know

0|0
    0|0
    • Try a little of everything... I love sweets most.

• Yeah i think i crave sweets most bc i barely eat sweets. But most things i eat have more of a salty taste to it than sweet

• I definitely can't decide, it really depends on the situation for me.

0|0
    0|0
    • I understand... sour and bitter for the drinks, salt for the main course, sweet for the dessert :D

• you forgot soap. My dog eats it all the time as it's favorite. Even I do not allow him. So soap is the taste back on your tongue.

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh my goodness, long ago during a first aid course they told us drinking water with soap in is a trick to vomit if you've eaten something that needs to come out...
      Eating it would not be something I'd do haha.

• Some popular snacks are sweet , while others are salty. The other two, not so much I think. :) I mostly go for sweet, but sometimes salty too...

0|0
    0|0
    • I follow your opinion: sweet more often than salty. As I write this I'm eating a chocolate :D

• I like sweet a d salty snacks, not a fan of sour and bitter.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why did you leave out umami (savory)? I'd choose that.

0|0
    0|0
    • You're right, I'm not so familiar with it but indeed should have mentioned it :D

• You definitely are familar with it, you eat it every day. I suppose you're just not familiar with giving it a name.

• Absolutely right! Guilty haha...

• Sweet and salty all depending what it is of course.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sweet and salty
    I can't decide which one of those two 😜

0|0
    0|0
  • I am really into sweetness but somtimes a bit of sourness aswell!! A bit like life! Ups and downs! High moments and low moments! U know

0|0
    0|0
  • Sweet which I wish I could stop, because I am addicted to sweet stuffs. Sucks for me because I am on diet.

0|0
    0|0
    • Keep up the good (diet) work :D
      Sorry I asked this question at wrong moment...

• In my country biscuits are really sweet. But I prefer salty or sour.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sour and sweet and salty. All are needed for my pallet

0|0
    0|0
  • sweet or salty haha, but also not too much of one XD

0|0
    0|0
  • In which countries is bitter the most popular taste? :O
    I like salt, next would be sour.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm not certain about the bitter question, few people elect bitter so far.
      I'm most surprised by the popularity of sour.

• Show All
    • I love the worms. They have their place.

• Don't like 🍯 😱

I meant like chips are junk food. I like the cheese ones or jalapeno (with ghost pepper added).

• I've always loved sour the best for reasons unknown honestly

0|0
    0|0
  • Salty for sure

1|0
    0|0
  • Salt :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends. Usually sour.

1|0
    0|0
    • We differ there... good deal: you the sour candy and me the sweets!

• What about spicy? ;)

0|1
    0|0
  • Hot. What does it comes under?

0|1
    0|0
    • Don't know if that is a taste... for me most hot things are out of limits. I'm not so good in supporting something very spicy...

• Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 31

• Ok and ok

0|0
    0|0
  • lol, I can only see majority sweet or salt Biscuits. One as desert, one can be appetizing. Sour? bitter? yeah, but they won't be the dominant flavor. Usually, it's only a hint. Especially bitter... How can you even describe bitter cookies... don't even remember what it tastes like tbh

0|0
    0|0
  • Sweet things always attracts me likemy girlfriend 😍😘

1|0
    1|0
  • Probably bitter. I love chocolate.
    But I went with all four since it depends on the type of food/beverage.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sweet hands down. Then sour. Like there's nothing better than some nice sweet pastries in my opinion, and then gummy candy. Maybe some vegan ice cream.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sour as you can put it in many of the foods i eat to make it tasty (soups, meats, etc.) And sour mixes REALLY well with spicy so you have a delicious spice instead of a bitter or gross spicy.

0|0
    0|0
    • I've never tried sour with spicy... maybe because I'm not a big favourite of either.
      I'd take the sweets and from time to time something salty :D

• Savory like as in a lassangnia or speghetti or the wild flavour of venison

0|0
    0|0
  • Out of those I like sweet best πŸ™‚ Salty can be pretty good though.

0|0
    0|0
    • We'll have to fight for the sweets, we have the same favourite taste :o

• Show All
    • In that case I would try to make it worth it lol. I'd better make a whole meal.

• You'll have to :D

• Hard to say where we stand but I'm guessing we tend to like either bitter or salty.

0|0
    0|0
    • Okay thanks, the first time bitter gets mentioned - so far sour and sweet are by far the most popular.

• can't pick lol theyre all great also what about Spicy

0|0
    0|0
  • My mother has diabetes since I was born so the sweets were limited in my house so I've always preffered a salty snack

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on what I feel like eating at the moment. But for the most part, I would say sweet.

0|0
    0|0
  • Any one or the other depending on mood and ideal blends of any or all.

0|0
    0|0
    • That's a big truth in there: depending on what you combine with either of the tastes can be nice.

• Uh me personally i like some foods salty and only sour candy

0|0
    0|0
  • Umami! πŸ˜‰

0|0
    0|0
  • Spicy or savory/umami

0|0
    0|0
    • Savory/umami is fine, spicy is generally too hot for me :o

• Depends on my mood.

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer sweet and salty

0|0
    0|0
  • Spicy

0|0
    0|0
  • Sour

0|0
    0|0
  • Salt or sweetI guess

0|0
    0|0
  • Sour or Salty.
    Chocolate β€” Bitter.

0|0
    0|0
  • Spicy

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends but I usually love sour

0|0
    0|0
  • Sour cause I don't eat sugar

0|0
    0|0
  • sweet

0|0
    0|0
  • Sour and salt combined always works better for me

0|0
    0|0
  • Spicy

0|0
    0|0
  • Sour

0|0
    0|0
  • Sour

0|0
    0|0
    • Would you drink pure lemon juice? I couldn't stand that without the expression on my face changing completely hahaha :-(

• Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes