Why do people drink alcohol?

Why do people drink alcohol and why is so much of socialism built around it. Isn't alcohol straight up poison. it also makes you into something which you are not and what about the detrimental effect of alcohol like liver and brain damage like I'm sure no one would drink something like your toilet cleaner even if you put something like a sweetner in it.

211

Most Helpful Girl

• It tastes good. And in moderation it isn't of any concern for your health.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've had multiple relationships to where my S. O. cheated on me. Usually with her ex, sometimes my "friends" at the time. I met my dad when I was 14. He grabbed my mother by her hair & took her to her room and fucked her. He'd grab me by my ankles in the middle of the night & yank me out of my bed & beat the shit out of me when he was drunk for no reason. Occasionally he'd rape my mother in front of me. The worst was when he kicked me over a lit firepit & forced me to do 10 pushups before letting me up. I've had a lot of good friends fall into drugs, alcohol, & silly speed racing that lead to them dying in front of me. My mother took Xanax for years & my parents took enough pills to kill 5 people each in front of me & the ambulance came & pumped their stomach. They left me in Michigan & I got a hold of my stepdad & he flew me to Alabama. My parents moved to Florida shortly after my grandparents died & used their life savings of a million dollars to just piss away. I ate twice a day during school because of free meals & during the summer I walked 12 miles to town to get a loaf of bread, two packs of bologna & my stepgrandfather's medicine. I saved up from 15-17 to buy a car that got hit by a tankard diesel less than 2 months after I had it & insurance claimed the diesel running a red light a no fault & didn't cover it. I enlisted in the military & might not have made it to basic training if a warrant officer hadn't bought me enough groceries to last to last from May until October. I've been on 2 deployments, carried bodies that I didn't know out of a flooded out space. My ex kissed me the day I left for the deployment I just finished & said that I have something to come back to. My coworker and his family lived with her & told me she gave her ex the key to the house, broke it off with another guy an hour away, & he woke up at around midnight to 2a. m. to see her & yet another guy going back to her room laughing & fucking shortly after. When I got back I thought I'd surprise her & her ex answered the door in his boxers & she bolted to her room while putting her panties on. She proceeded to deny everything & refuses to let me collect my belongings. Despite all of this, I'm still here. Maybe people don't want to remember everything that's happened to them & they have "bad" coping mechanisms to deal with it, or life is good & they just enjoy getting drunk because it's fun for them. The more you know, the more you realize you actually know very little.

• Take this with a grain of salt. There are people and goals in life that make it worth it. My best friend has helped me so much, and she has no idea about 95% of any of this. Everytime I see her, all I want is to make her smile, hear her laugh, and for her to do well. I listen to her and she brings a very unique view on life that I have learned to appreciate more and more everyday. She is incredibly intelligent, funny, and that smile of hers. It's the most beautiful thing to ever come into existence. She makes everything worth it to me. I would do anything to protect her and make sure she is successful in life. She taught me that I don't have to drink when I'm down. She taught me how to live life and enjoy it. I can never thank her enough for what she's done.