Foods you dislike as a child but like as a adult?

I dislike cake ands custard as a kid but like them as a adult

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I have always been very easy with food but when I was a kid, I really hated olives. Now, the thing is my dad is Greek. And apart from olives, I've always loved the food he cooked for us.
    When I became a teenager, I went through a phase of searching my own identity and I began to really get into my Greek nationality. Because of this, I consciously decided that I had to start liking olives. There was no way around it. A Greek person who doesn't eat olives... that's like a mouse that doesn't like cheese.
    So, over the course of several months, I forced myself to get into olives. I would eat them regularly although I didn't like them. In the beginning, it was really hard because I absolutely hated the taste. However, after a while it became better and they were just "okay". Finally, after a lot of practice, I started to really love them. Nowadays I eat a lot of olives... especially the black ones which I used to hate more than the green ones.

Another food I didn't like very much when I was a child was rice. This one is actually kinda funny because it turns out my parents mostly cooked American rice (long-grain). I was a teenager when I finally found out that there are many other kinds of rice. I still don't like American rice but I absolutely love sticky Japanese rice.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 19

• I hated ricotta cheese and anything made with it but I like it now.

0|1
    0|0
  • I can't think of anything. I was raised on fried food and I practically licked my plate clean lol

0|2
    0|0
  • I dislike most types of cheese but now I like them. I also hated seafood, it hasn't improved a lot though I'm more open to it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I hated celery, red bell peppers, cherry tomatoes and oranges... but I enjoy them now!

0|1
    0|0
  • i hated fish curry and black noodles as a child but i like them now

0|1
    0|0
  • I don’t have any, but there are several foods I liked as a kid but dislike now. It seems I’ve gotten pickier as I’ve grown up.

0|1
    0|0
  • Shrimp. You couldn’t pay me enough money to eat shrimp as a child. Now I eat it all day everyday if I could.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think there are any. It's more like I liked things as a kid but now as an adult, I won't touch them. I've become a picky eater :P

0|1
    0|0
  • Mustard, peper. Honestly I much difficult on food now that when I was a child XD

0|1
    0|0
  • Tea, I still only like it with honey though otherwise it tastes like hot dishwater😂

0|1
    0|1
  • Beans... I hated them when I was a kid now I love them

0|1
    0|0
  • Coconut milk, jackfruit, mushrooms and ravioli

0|1
    0|0
  • Cookies

0|1
    0|0
  • Avocado.

0|1
    0|0
  • Eggs, spinach

0|1
    0|0
  • Onions, spinach, mushrooms

0|1
    0|0
  • Dates coffee peanut butter

0|1
    0|0
  • like pizz and pie and like most savory things

0|1
    0|0
  • Kidney beans.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 13

• Lamb is the big one for me. I used to actively hate the smell and taste, but now one of my favourite foods.

0|1
    0|0
  • U dunno m8, it went the opposite 4 me. I used to like burgers and sausages then I hate it now.

0|1
    0|0
  • How does a kid not like cake? I didn’t like tomatoes, white rice, grapefruit, and oatmeal

0|1
    0|0
  • I used to love pineapples as a kid but don't like them anymore. Not sure what happened.

0|1
    0|0
  • lettuce and cheese but I love them now but still hate carrts

0|1
    0|0
  • Olives and courgette.

0|1
    0|0
  • Broccoli

0|1
    0|0
  • Fish