Tipping at buffets-what to do?

Tipping at buffets-what to do?I mean the type of buffet where the server gives you your drink, takes your plates, and does refills, ex) Chinese buffet, home style buffet, etc.

My friend and I disagree on this.

What do you guys think?
  • Yes, tip- but not as much as a non-buffet restaurant.
  • Yes, tip-as much as any other restaurant.
  • No, don't tip.
    Vote C

620

Most Helpful Guy

• Waiters or servers in my country get minimum or above minimum wage, so I'm confused about tipping. Other jobs that gets minimum wage don't get tips so I don't understand the concept

• I wish the US was like this. Servers here can make as little as 2.13 an hour base pay.

Most Helpful Girl

• I still tip because I know that buffet servers still make server minimum wage. I don't tip as much, though. I used to be a server when I was younger before becoming a teacher so I get the struggle, but the truth is buffet servers just don't do as much work. That's why so many people want to be buffet servers.