Does coffee really help with staying awake?

I am babysitting again. Yes again! I am trying to keep myself awake until 6pm when I can go home and sleep. I couldn’t sleep all night yesterday!

Does coffee really help with staying awake?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• For most people, i'll keep them awake, but for some, it just doesn't register. It's really a genetics thing. If you want to stay awake but coffee doesn't work, DON'T TRY TEA. It'll just make you drowsy. Insted, try a soda or splash your face with some cold water. If you want to stick with coffee, try a different kind, more sugar, less sugar, decaf, regular, more milk, less milk, cream, no cream experiment, and maybe a different type of coffee will make you stay up. Eye drops are also good to stay awake with. Even though they do take a couple minutes to get fully "absored" into your eye, your eye's will get more liquid and they'll be more stable to open your lids.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• So since I go to the gym I have pre workout. For the night that I really want to keep awake and grind for an assignment. A serving of Mr. hyde will give me the enegry of 4 cups of coffee

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• Rinse your face with cold water, gives you a jolt to keep you going

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends how much coffee you drink, anyway I can tell you that coffee only makes you feel awake at the beginning, it can work in this sense, but in the long run if you hadn't sleep enough before or taken a nap, you won't last all night with coffee, maybe once, but not twice as so on. (and pardon me, especially American coffee that's long but... like black water, try a small Italian espresso and see the difference).

1|0
    0|0
  • Coffee always works for me. Unless you are tired beyond being kept awake. That is very tired though.

1|0
    0|0
    • It helped. I drank the leftover coffee

• Show All
    • That's okay you don't need to. Just being nice and not making it awkward about that is nice. It's good to not treat him differently like that.

• Yeah I just put him to bed.

• This depends on how much you drink on regular base. It blocks the stuff in brain thtnis responsible for feelingntired but if u allways block it there will be more to block over time. So you will allways need more coffee. So at first it works good but over time it gets worse

1|0
    0|0
  • Cafeine works
    That's why the coffee is free (for employees) in our office. 3 cups of strong coffee with sugar helps to boost productivity.

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh wow. Lol i am glad I don’t have to use my brain power to babysit

• Yes and no. It will delay the onset of sleepyness, but then it will come back with double the strength.

1|0
    0|0
    • It’s okat I just need to be alert enough to get home and take a bath n than eat my dinner n game over n repeats

• Eventually your body adapts to caffeine like any other drug and so you'll need it to function and it will have less of an effect. Counter this bh using it as a tool sometimes and staying away when you don't need it at all. For me I drink soda before a boring meeting at work but I lay off on the weekends because it's ok to nod off in the middle of my Netflix show.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it works well but dont forget to take atleat 7hours of sleep if You want your brain to function properly throught the day.☺

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends, caffeine is a drug and our brain can assimilate those chemicals so sometimes it's more something like a placebo or a need than an actual help for being awake

1|0
    0|0
  • It does but not for to long, you can also use something sugary because you will get a boost but you will feel tired afterwards and that might be a better solution.

1|0
    0|0
  • Caffeine is a stimulant although a mild one
    So it does a little yes but less so the more accustomed you are to drinking it

1|0
    0|0
  • Usually, but there are times when it doesn't seem to affect me at all.

1|0
    0|0
  • To a point. Too much of it and it doesn't do anything. If two or three a day it's good

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont know if it keeds you awake but it definitely helps me wake up in the morning

1|0
    0|0
  • I can keep you up apple :P

1|0
    0|0
  • It's temporarily effective.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes that is what caffeine does

1|0
    0|0
  • Drink coffee every 4 hours

1|0
    0|0
  • Try it and see

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on each person

1|0
    0|0
  • For someone coffee help stay up... for me? nah

1|0
    0|0
  • caffeine usually doesn't do much for me

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• Just drink lots of water; the come-down off caffeine is a bitch, and there’s no come-down off water 😝

1|0
    0|0
  • It can give you a perk but if you drink too much your body crashes more tired than before.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes but I mostly like drinking it because of the taste

1|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't help me, I just drink it because it tastes good:) but you know we're all different.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know why.. but everytime I drink coffee I become sleepy and fall asleep sooner😂

1|0
    0|0
  • 6 pm. is a long ways a way.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the person

1|0
    0|0
    • I think it helped but as soon as the kid takes his nap after lunch. I am going to sleep my face off. Lol

• Sometimes but I think it’s more the sugar

1|0
    0|0
  • Not for me

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • It helps me in the morning.

1|0
    0|0