Do you drink scented leaves tea?

In Jamaica any tree that has high scented leaves we drink it. When I was a kid living in the hills it was convenient especially since we were poor. We'd just step outside and pick leaves from any vine or tree, lime, lemon, sweet sop, soar sop, along with some vines that may not have a high scent, but still tasty when placed in boiling hot water. I just picked some from outside as I just felt like having something from nature for tea. I can't stop smelling the leaves as they relax me, I'm thinking of using them for bath at one point, I wonder if they have any medical benefits. I picked lime leaves and soar sop leaves. I will bring the water to boiling point, turn the stove off wash the leaves and place them in the pot then cover it for two minutes, then pour and sweeten, it's so tasty.

24

Most Helpful Guy

• I haventt ever done that bit it dose sou d taste. Ill need to see if their available through a health food store and see what luck i have in findimg those leaves

• It's delicious, because of this I will make sure that the home I purchase has those trees planted in the yard.

• Thankyou for the mho

Most Helpful Girl

• I drink herbal tea

• Yeah, I forgot that's what they're called, herbal tea. My dad used to say bush tea but the correct term is herbs. I'm having note again, the lime leaves are delicious. When I move away I'm gonna miss having these leaves outside. As long as I live here I will. not buy herb tea bags at the supermarket again unless it's like chamomile or something.