Has anyone decided to quit having caffeine?

I am trying to quite but it's literally the only thing I enjoy. I'm trying to quite because I have anxiety and at times, depression. I was told if I reduce my caffeine or cut it out all together it will help. Anyone ever done it? How are you coping? Do you drink something else in place of it? Curious, thanks !Has anyone decided to quit having caffeine?

67

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I did and i made it!!! ;D
    I started 2months ago but it was such a struggle, I gave up soda/carbonated drinks first... oh it was hard, i had to drink latte but the taste of coffee is disgusting so I gave up on that too.
    I now have orange squash, water, and tea to drink only and the benefits are amazing! I stay awake longer, i retain more water, i feel better, my skins is better. The picture on my profile is recent, i am 34 and look at how i look.

• Thanks for your response. I am trying but it's so hard. I am drinking half caffeine coffee. It just tastes so weak. I'm sure I will feel better soon. And you look great by the way ๐Ÿ˜Š

• thank you ;D you dont look bad yourself. If i were you now i'd swap to normal tea and herbal tea (they have small amounts of caffeine and taste nicer) and drink the recommended daily allowance of water. After 2months you will forget the struggle. I now just have a soda socially out. Caffeine kept gushing out water, its so bad for us. Since then my skin feels alive and i went for a massage and my therapist (21 years old) for the first time thought my skin was softer than hers! She just kept scratching my back playfully and she talked to me lots, usually she's shy and quiet.

• Ty for the MHO vote ๐Ÿ˜Šโญ๏ธ

Most Helpful Girl

• If caffeine wasn't there in this world... I would have failed in my 9th grade exams as it helped me stay awake and make chits one night before the exam. I'm a very sleepy girl and caffeine is the only thing which keeps me awake

• I drink so much it doesn't seem to do anything for me anymore besides make me want more lol. I can drink one and fall asleep seconds later. I think I'm past being addicted lol.

• For a sleepy girl like me caffeine is a must... Otherwise I fall asleep very fast lol

• Lol ๐Ÿ˜Š