Has anyone decided to quit having caffeine?

I am trying to quite but it's literally the only thing I enjoy. I'm trying to quite because I have anxiety and at times, depression. I was told if I reduce my caffeine or cut it out all together it will help. Anyone ever done it? How are you coping? Do you drink something else in place of it? Curious, thanks !Has anyone decided to quit having caffeine?

2|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I did and i made it!!! ;D
    I started 2months ago but it was such a struggle, I gave up soda/carbonated drinks first... oh it was hard, i had to drink latte but the taste of coffee is disgusting so I gave up on that too.
    I now have orange squash, water, and tea to drink only and the benefits are amazing! I stay awake longer, i retain more water, i feel better, my skins is better. The picture on my profile is recent, i am 34 and look at how i look.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for your response. I am trying but it's so hard. I am drinking half caffeine coffee. It just tastes so weak. I'm sure I will feel better soon. And you look great by the way ๐Ÿ˜Š

• thank you ;D you dont look bad yourself. If i were you now i'd swap to normal tea and herbal tea (they have small amounts of caffeine and taste nicer) and drink the recommended daily allowance of water. After 2months you will forget the struggle. I now just have a soda socially out. Caffeine kept gushing out water, its so bad for us. Since then my skin feels alive and i went for a massage and my therapist (21 years old) for the first time thought my skin was softer than hers! She just kept scratching my back playfully and she talked to me lots, usually she's shy and quiet.

• Ty for the MHO vote ๐Ÿ˜Šโญ๏ธ

Most Helpful Girl

• If caffeine wasn't there in this world... I would have failed in my 9th grade exams as it helped me stay awake and make chits one night before the exam. I'm a very sleepy girl and caffeine is the only thing which keeps me awake

1|0
    0|0
    • I drink so much it doesn't seem to do anything for me anymore besides make me want more lol. I can drink one and fall asleep seconds later. I think I'm past being addicted lol.

• For a sleepy girl like me caffeine is a must... Otherwise I fall asleep very fast lol

• Lol ๐Ÿ˜Š

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Yes i have cut my caffeine intake to 1-2 cups of coffee a day. I really need to quit altogether cause i have major anxiety disorders and really shouldn't be drinking coffee.

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm sorry to hear that ๐Ÿ˜”. Keep up the good work tho๐Ÿ™‚

• Show All
    • Wish you all the best โ™ก

• Thank You So Much!!! <3

• That doesn't seem like solid science. It's smart to take a break from caffeine and/or reduce your overall intake to restore tolerance, but unless you're crushing caffeine pills and railing them like coke I don't see why a normal amount could be having that significant of an effect on anxiety and depression. I stopped for two months and it did nothing for those things, but it also made me feel a longer lasting 'awake' since I never had the caffeine crash.

0|0
    0|0
    • That's very interesting. I am at about 5 cups a day ๐Ÿ˜ง. Maybe it's a bit much ๐Ÿค”

• I'm at about the same. I took it down to one when I woke up and felt a lot better for a while, but felt no change in my depression or anxiety.

• Coffee dosnt have any effect on me. i heard coffee is sprayed with chemicals to remove the caffeine

1|0
    0|0
    • I've never heard that. That's kinda scary. I'll have to do some research๐Ÿ˜ฏ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

• I donโ€™t think I can make it, without it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Coffe n tea r ma drugs, soda too โ˜บ

1|0
    0|0
    • I dont drink soda thank god Lol. But I am at about 5 cups of coffee a day. So I hear ya ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Not even a bit?

• I have sips of soda every now and again but that's it. It doesn't bother me at all not to have it. Suppose if I worked hard enough, it would be the same with coffee lol.

• Yeap i started green tea instead of it

0|0
    0|0
    • I dont like the green tea bags for hot water. It's so nasty. I can tolerate the cold tea but I'm sure the sugar and everything else they put in it is just as bad as coffee ๐Ÿ˜–

What Girls Said 5

• I had a (un) healthy does of anxiety in college but I cut back to one cup of coffee a day and it did wonders for me

1|0
    0|0
    • Glad to hear that it worked for you. It's so hard to cut back. I am trying tho. I'm drinking half caffeine coffee at the moment. I already tried decaffeinated coffee but I just can't do it ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

• Oh lordy lol I've tried so many times. It's my vice.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love coffee, but I drink decaffeinated. I have for a long time now. And I actually prefer it now. I acquired a taste for it over time.

0|0
    0|0
    • I tried it and hate it. I can't bring myself to like it. It's just so weak. I suppose if I make myself drink it, over time I will get use to it. I've been drinking half caffeine coffee for about two weeks now and still can't get use to it ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

• A lot of people don't like decaffeinated coffee. It did take me a while to get used to it. I don't like caffeinated coffee very much now. It's rare I drink it. I only really drink it if I visit someone's house and they only have caffeinated coffee

• I don't drink caffeine. Maybe that's why you're fat all the sugars.

0|0
    0|0
  • I did

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes