To what extent do you waste food?

I will aim to beat you in my non-food wasteriness ways.
Let the battle comense.
  • I'm a tight arse - waste not want not
  • I waste food all the time and have no environmental conscience
  • When my parents accidenlty spilled the entire remaining can of pepper when the lid fell of into the scones I still ate them
    Vote C

621

Most Helpful Guys

• I waste food all the time but with conscience. If I am served more food than I want to eat, then I don't eat it all. Otherwise I might become overweight and then start wanting to eat more and more and then I'd really be wasting food, consuming far more than my body needs all the time. So if someone puts far more food in front of me than I need, I'm not going to finish it. That's their fault for giving me too much. :-D

• My mother used to try to get me to eat a whole lot more since I was rather always on the skinny side when I was a child. When I refused, she would say, "Think about the starving children in Africa." Then I thought about it and said, "You should send this extra food to Africa instead of serving it to me."

• I love veggies -- was never a problem with eating veggies, plus they tend to have almost no calories. In particular my mother would make a boatload of bacon and try to force feed it to me. I actually tried eating an entire plate of bacon one time to make her happy and then got so ill that I had to throw up. That's when I started to become more and more stubborn about not eating more than I want. :-D I have a bit of a childhood trauma there.

• Lol.. that sounds like a terror story lol.. forced anti-vegetarian lol..

• I currently get food from a pantry. Sometimes there is so much that it just has to get thrown away after a while. However, if I have a plate I try to finish it the best I can. But sometimes... the fridge and freezer just has to be cleaned out of uneaten food. It's unfortunate. I have heard horror stories of what supermarkets do with food but at least now they can give it to food pantries so people like myself and others can eat it.

• What do you mean uneaten food?
      Leftovers?
      When they throw it out do they send it to chicken farms and stuff?

• Thanks for the MHG!!

and by the way, going (going to the bathroom) outside. I assume there might be some unwanted nature associated things that might interfere with the pleasant task of relieving ones self lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Unfortunately I waste A LOT of food. 90% of the time I won’t finish a meal if I eat out, and each week I end up throwing a few left over meals or veg we didn’t get to. I do take my mum a fair bit of food, or things to work and leave it in the kitchen so it gets eaten but there is still waste. Things that can be composted at home are, but we could do better

• The first steep to change is realising there is a problem.. Now, what steps can be implemented to abet this?