To what extent do you waste food?

I will aim to beat you in my non-food wasteriness ways.
Let the battle comense.
  • I'm a tight arse - waste not want not
    Vote A
  • I waste food all the time and have no environmental conscience
    Vote B
  • When my parents accidenlty spilled the entire remaining can of pepper when the lid fell of into the scones I still ate them
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I waste food all the time but with conscience. If I am served more food than I want to eat, then I don't eat it all. Otherwise I might become overweight and then start wanting to eat more and more and then I'd really be wasting food, consuming far more than my body needs all the time. So if someone puts far more food in front of me than I need, I'm not going to finish it. That's their fault for giving me too much. :-D

0|0
    0|0
    • My mother used to try to get me to eat a whole lot more since I was rather always on the skinny side when I was a child. When I refused, she would say, "Think about the starving children in Africa." Then I thought about it and said, "You should send this extra food to Africa instead of serving it to me."

• Show All
    • I love veggies -- was never a problem with eating veggies, plus they tend to have almost no calories. In particular my mother would make a boatload of bacon and try to force feed it to me. I actually tried eating an entire plate of bacon one time to make her happy and then got so ill that I had to throw up. That's when I started to become more and more stubborn about not eating more than I want. :-D I have a bit of a childhood trauma there.

• Lol.. that sounds like a terror story lol.. forced anti-vegetarian lol..

• I currently get food from a pantry. Sometimes there is so much that it just has to get thrown away after a while. However, if I have a plate I try to finish it the best I can. But sometimes... the fridge and freezer just has to be cleaned out of uneaten food. It's unfortunate. I have heard horror stories of what supermarkets do with food but at least now they can give it to food pantries so people like myself and others can eat it.

0|0
    0|0
    • What do you mean uneaten food?
      Leftovers?
      When they throw it out do they send it to chicken farms and stuff?

• Show All
    • Thanks for the MHG!!

and by the way, going (going to the bathroom) outside. I assume there might be some unwanted nature associated things that might interfere with the pleasant task of relieving ones self lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Unfortunately I waste A LOT of food. 90% of the time I won’t finish a meal if I eat out, and each week I end up throwing a few left over meals or veg we didn’t get to. I do take my mum a fair bit of food, or things to work and leave it in the kitchen so it gets eaten but there is still waste. Things that can be composted at home are, but we could do better

0|0
    0|0
    • The first steep to change is realising there is a problem.. Now, what steps can be implemented to abet this?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• I don't waste food because I can't afford to buh bam also I can't gain weight unless I eat 10k calories a day so go ahead and try and beat my not wasting food. not possible as I eat absolutely everything food based I can get my hands on. working at a restaurant is awesome because I can make a huge (I do mean huge as in like 2 LBS) amount of fries and no one cares until I start eating them then there jaws start bouncing across the floor.

0|0
    0|0
    • lmao..
      So things never get old then? No bulk buying.. ?
      What about the survival supply box when you switch the food?

• Show All
    • doubt it not that big of a restaurant.

• There might be a not that big of a chiken farmer who will have their profit margin gratefully expanded by your 'generosity'.

• There is a legend in Buddhism "every wasted piece of rice is a larvae in your mouth." It's scary. Before going to Heaven or Hell, a trial must be held. Then punishments must be served. Then another trial for reincarnation or Heaven. Either way. Still larvaes

0|0
    0|0
  • i never waste food because there are a lot of people are starving and die from it.. for example spain there is a waste of tomatos every year in tomatina fastival ee should save food... i'm talkinh like a 80 years old teeth less u cle lol but i'm serious😁

0|0
    0|0
  • I try my absolute best to not waste food. Only buy enough, buy regularly. Freeze if there is more than I need. Combine foods so it doesn't go to waste. I need to do more but I'd say my food wasting is minimal.

0|0
    0|0
    • What type of food is wasted?

• Show All
    • My food waste is small and rare so not a big problem. Birds can spread disease if they cluster in urban areas. So we are prevented to feed birds, even in parks.

• Waste not want not.

But I'd only eat those scones if you pay me ten bucks.

0|0
    0|0
    • What would you spend the money on?

• Show All
    • What a waste of food.. this was hypothetical.. I fyou have food.. don't buy your own food.. and who buys scones they're cheap as sht to make yourself lol

• I know but I only had the scones hypothetically. You know what never mind. This is getting too complicated anyways..

• Nay, I eat my sister's leftover food or food spilled on the table, my immune system thanked me for the training I provided throughout my childhood

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't ever waste food I eat all of it. You know the old saying there is people over in China starving

0|0
    0|0
    • Really... we always had africa tbh...
      But tbh... there is people starving everywhere..

• Show All
    • Oh wow but still how are the other woman over there? And tell me what you think about the royal wedding do you respect them those people do you think they are royalty or cartoon characters?

• They are as much imprisoned by the wealth that gives them freedom.

• If I really can't take it, it's time to dump. Easy as that.

0|0
    0|0
    • How often does that occur?

• Quite rare. But when it does happen, I don't feel bad. It's just meant to be. Because some food are just so damn bad.

• Funny I'm a "Tight ass"... I HAVE a bit of a tight ass! I love food, and I hate to waste it!

0|0
    0|0
  • i hath no waste as my tapeworm is constantly wanting

0|0
    0|0
  • I waste food all the time and have no environmental conscience

0|0
    0|0
  • I waste it when it really tastes bad otherwise I don't waste food

0|0
    0|0
  • Poll option C

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't

0|0
    0|0
  • It's actually that we have a compost

0|0
    0|0
  • I try not to

0|0
    0|0
  • I eat everything lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I'll eat pretty much anything

0|0
    0|0
  • I waste everything i don't like.

0|0
    0|0
    • Maybe you should learn to only eat what you like and never try new foods then?

What Girls Said 5

• I never waste food. Most of the food I buy goes into the freezer and stays there until I will be eating it. The only foods in the fridge are lettuce etc and they are always eaten. If we eat a meal and some is left over the dogs get it.

0|0
    0|0
  • We toss food like... maybe once a month? Sometimes we just don’t like it, I’m allergic to it, or we forget about it 😱

0|0
    0|0
    • How much food?
      Where do you toss it?

• Show All
    • Cooked food can be inspiration for a new meal. reduce, reuse, recycle.. :)

• oh We eat leftovers but sometimes something just can’t be heated up again or it goes off before we can finish it up XD

• I dont waste

0|0
    0|1
  • I'm a tight arse - waste not want not.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t waste it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes