Salad Cream = Salad Cream or Salad Cream = Sandwich Cream?

Kraft/Heinz are changing the name of Salad Cream to Sandwich Cream, and we Brit's are up in arms about it, as it has been a traditional necessity on salads for over 100 years. They say it doesn't describe the newer consumer use of the product. Should we be ready for war, or should we let it go?
  • GO TO WAR!
  • Roll over and surrender.

20

Most Helpful Girls

• What the hell is salad cream. Over here it’s salad dressing and sandwhich spread

• It is like mayonnaise, but more vinegary. I suppose it has become a poor man's salad dressing. We always had it as kids.

• I'm shocked by this

• So am I, and you've just earned yourself an MHO.

• Lol thanks - and are they serious? This takes me back to when Kellogs wanted to change Coco Pops to Choco Krispies.. We fought till the end (via voting lines) to keep it as Coco Pops lol

• Yes, it's to cater for the American youth, who don't associate it with salad.