How often do you visit a fast-food restaurant?

How frequently (if at all) do you visit a conventional fast-food place such as McDonald's, KFC, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut etc. I'm talking about mostly savoury opposed to sweet's like Krispy Kreme, Dunkin Donuts etc

2) does this replace you home dinner?
3) If yes, what's the reason you eat out opposed to having a home cooked meal?

Updates:
PLEASE STATE YOUR RESRTAURANT OF CHOICE

1|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Not much in the summer, but when school starts maybe like 3 days out the week because they have Chick-fil-A on campus as well as fast food restuarants across the street and it’s convenient between classes. Sometimes it may take over dinner mainly depending on how long I’m at school... which is usually damn near all day, but I try to hold off. and no I’m not opposed to a home cooked meal at all

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I never really eat conventional fast food. Mostly because it messes up my stomach really badly. I used to eat McDonald's from time to time when I was a teenager but then, when I was around 20, I would get terrible stomach cramps and diarrhea every single time I ate it. So I told myself: "clearly, this can't be good for me" and I stopped buying it.

Luckily for me, we also don't have so many fast food options in Switzerland. We've got McDonald's, Burger King and Subway... that's it. And now that I haven't bought them for so long, I don't really miss them anymore.

However, there is a local chain that makes a kind of fancy-style burgers. They make sure to only use good-quality meat and their burgers feel quite healthy (although they're probably not). For some reason, my stomach is fine with these burgers and they also taste great. So, about once a month I go there, buy myself a set (burger+fries+drink) and take it home. It can be nice if I'm either too tired to cook or I have absolutely no idea what I should cook.

0|1
    0|0
  • In the context of the question we only really eat KFC as “dinner” McDonald’s and stuff is a lunch replacement (happens more often). Once a week or there abouts.

Don’t consider it eating out, it’s cheaper than cooking lmao. Just see it as eating different food because we love KFC, no real reason beyond that... *sometimes* it’s for the convinence of it.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 23

• I visit McDonalds twice a month, Burger King once a month, Starbucks once a month and I visit Pizza PIzza once every two months. At Mcdonalds I get the chicken nugget and caesar salad combo and at Pizza Pizza I get either Pizza or Chicken Wings. At Stabucks I get the green tea latte and at Burger King I get the chicken nuggets.

0|1
    0|0
  • probably once or twice a week. it just varies. like usually on Fridays its for lunch and Saturdays its dinner, or Fridays there's dinner but Saturday its lunch and dinner, or just lunch. ranges from taco bell, to mcdonalds, burger king, little Caesars and zaxby's

0|1
    0|0
  • 1. Pretty rarely. Maybe on like a monthly basis?
    2. When I do go, it's for lunch whilst I'm at work so I mean, it replaces sandwiches but we don't ever really go instead of having our home dinner.
    3. Usually when I do go for lunch, it's cause I'm working longer than I thought when I arrived at work that day and I didn't bring food with me so I pick something up.

Fast food of choice would be KFC.

0|1
    0|0
  • I very rarely eat at fast food restaurants. When I was younger, I ate at them quite frequently but now, I would much rather have a home-cooked meal. It tastes better, it's healthier, and I usually have leftovers for lunch the next day

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't usually but I have problems with sugar intake
    I think I ate pizza a month ago

0|1
    0|0
  • Once in three months

Domino's/any pizza chain.

Not a fan of burgers

0|1
    0|0
    • do they have any curry or funky pizza flavours in india?

• Show All
    • @BellaIsQueen Ikr? Since I was pretty regular, they also gave direct home delivery sometimes, without having to order through Swiggy/Zomato. Before this particular outlet at least has shut down all kinds of deliveries, that is.

I like Tea Villa's Hummus platter and Ratatouille

• Ohh! I remember how nutty I used to be about the J fries. I think the only outlet was in Churchgate initially. I would travel all the way over there (takes more than hour from my house) just to have the fries lol.
      Now they opened a lot of branches.

I've never had either hummus or ratatouille.

If you happen to go at any Dr. Bubble check out the Iced-Tea. It's amazing! They have these little flavoured balls floating in it. It's 😍😍

• Very rare. Probably once a month

I usually cook a homemade meal after work. Occasionally I'll take my nephews and nieces to McD's or Pizza hut.

0|1
    0|0
  • Now, at least once a week.
    Earlier it was at least 3 times per week.

But no, it could never replace home cooked meal.

0|1
    1|0
  • Maybe once every three months at the most, typically because I am out late, hungry and don't want to or don't have time to go home to eat.

0|1
    0|0
  • I had some pizza from Papa John's when I went down to visit my sister for Memorial Day... a lot of fast food places aren't safe cause of my dye allergies.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. I visit fast food restaurants twice or thrice in a month.
    Sometimes it replaces the home dinner. Reson being that I tend to get bored of house meal. So I eat out for a change.

0|1
    0|0
  • 2-3 times a week, i'm terrible, but i love junk food.

0|2
    0|0
  • Not really that much unless
    I’m out with people & don’t really have much of a option

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe weekly and I usually get a salad. I prefer chick fil a

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe a couple times a year. Sometimes McDonald's or Subway.

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends. From once a month to once a week.
    2) Usually yes.
    3) Got hungry while shopping.

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe once every two weeks. Chick fil a, In n out, or i get pizza

0|1
    0|0
  • Once or twice a month

0|2
    0|0
  • A few times a year after a drunken night

0|1
    0|0
  • I’ve only had fast food a few times this year

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe 1-2 times a month

0|1
    0|0
  • 1-2 times a month

0|1
    0|0
  • micky d's, after church on Sunday.
    and sometimes, if shoping on sat., eat chick-fila, or micky 'd's

0|1
    0|0
    • also, i would say chick-fila, or in- and out burger.

What Guys Said 16

• I cannot remember the last meal that I had at a fast food restaurant. I either go to the grocery store and buy something that I can eat without any preparation (like eating at my desk during lunchtime,) I have home cooked meals, or I eat at full service restaurants that have a healthier menu.

0|1
    0|0
    • big spender ;)

• Yes, meals tend to cost me $15-$25 per person. If I take a date to a really nice restaurant, the bill for two may be $65-$100, but that includes two meals, wine, and sometimes dessert.

• 1. a handful of times per year. maybe 10x's at most
    2. if i go it is replacing a meal
    3. if i'm going it's usually because i'm traveling and will not be able to reach a place to prepare a meal. if i go 10x's a year probably 70% of my visits are because of this while 30% are simply feeling a bit lazy and opting for a meal i don't have to cook

my fave fast food options; wendy's, chic-fi-la, and kfc

0|1
    0|0
  • Hmmm, maybe once every two years. Currently it's probably been 2-3 years since I ate fast food, but I could be forgetting something.

If something like Qdoba or Piada is considered fast food then a little more often.

0|1
    0|0
  • I try not to go often, only if im really hungry

i usually get wendys or dairy queen

0|1
    0|0
    • never had Wendy's, what are the burgers like?

• Good

Probably the best out of all the major FF restaurants

However a single combo meal leaves much to be desired. It never satisfies my hunger

• once every three months, around'ish. its cheaper to have home meals here than fast food *shrugs* and healthier.

0|1
    0|0
  • My body is a temple and I do not fuel it with garbage.

0|1
    0|0
  • Never.

Seriously, it's now been about seven years, I think, and it was the only place open.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't go out and get fast food all that often but I go to a place called Bogey's most of the time.

0|1
    0|0
  • more often than I should, I have been on a burger king kick lately and go there a lot

0|1
    0|0
  • They've basically become a public toilet for me since I left college.

0|1
    0|0
  • Rarely if at all

0|1
    0|0
  • Not very often , once in blue moon.

0|1
    0|0
  • 3 to four times a month. Just for a meal.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not often maybe once every several weeks

0|1
    0|0
  • Like once every 7 months.

0|1
    0|0
  • Like never

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes