Have you or would you ever eat bugs?

Some people actually order bugs off the internet and eat them. Like on Amazon, people are ordering this edible dehydrated zebra tarantula

• Hell yeahh bugs are delicious!
    Vote A
  • EW NO WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE
    Vote B
  • Maybe if someone paid me the right amount.
    Vote C
  • No! You stop that right now!
    Vote D
  • I don't want to live on this planet anymore :)
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

2|0

Most Helpful Guys

• No i would not.

This doesn't surprise me actually. I believe this is down to personal preference and cultural practices. For instance, in Thailand, some people use cockroach as snack. Or in China, people eat dogs and cats. What i am trying to express here is that these behaviors occurs around the globe. These bugs are mostly likely a source of protein and other resources. There are many other creatures that humans put their hands on as a resource. Some of them might be new discoveries but it's nature is the same. Everyone would base their ideas upon their own practices and preferences. Additionally, while ago i actually red that some group of scientists are focused on cockroach milk.

But personally, i don't have the taste and favor toward insects. I basically find them gross and unsuitable for consumption. The fact that i have [Zoophobia] will make things worst. So i would never try these.

1|0
    0|0
  • I once had dried crickets during a field trip freshman year of high school to a butterfly musuem. The teacher said he would give us 5 points of extra credit on our next test if we ate a bug in front of him. (This was the same class we had the bug display case project in). The class was notorious for being difficult. My incredibly nerdy and awkward freshman year self would not possibly let any easy points slip by, so I ate a pack of em. It was for the grade. They were quite crunchy and tasted like the seasoning thrown on there.

Unless it’s for extra credit, chances are I’ll be out in the wilderness dying of starvation before I go willfully eating bugs. Based on various Survivorman shows, I hear termites are a great (albeit bitter) source of protein.

Sidenote: I’m giving a big hell nah to dried spiders. I think spiders are fascinating in a way, but I def am NOT eating any dried arachnid.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes! I have and I was surprised to find that certain bugs don't taste all that bad if they are cleaned and prepared properly you can't even tell what they are. I have never eaten a live bug , but I have tasted fried scorpions in Mexico, chocolate covered ants imported from Europe and candied crickets.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ykno.. theyre actually selling bugs as street snacks in thailand.. and its just something common for them.. scorpion, centipede.. just google it! Haha

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• maybe if i didn't know it or someone offered me a insane amount of $$$$

0|0
    0|0
    • Some place here in NC has a tarantula burger with a real tarantula on it

• Honestly, as a pescatarian, I could conceivably do that.

But let's say we went on a huge consciousness drive and meat was becoming really scarce and putting the planet under a huge burden; seriously, is it that bad to just eat beans and lentils? They're delicious and give you pretty much everything you need.

The only thing I'd probably never eat is this new petradish meat thing.

The other thing is, I wanted to help the lady with the correct pronounciation of zebra in that video.

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably not. I know they say it's actually healthy in some respects and much cheaper but it'd have to NOT have it's eyes, multiple legs etc for me to be okay with trying it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Actually a lot of people don't know that we eat bugs everyday by accident in a lot of food products we eat. Would I eat a real bug like spiders, etc probably no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe if i had to live in a deserted island and couldn't find something to eat except bugs or if i go to a country as a tourist in which bugs are sold as foods, i can try it because i really wonder how it tastes but some people eat living bugs. I can't do this.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would eat bugs. I heard some are tasty, and they’ll help with our global food shortage.

Hey, we’ve got to feed 12 billion hungry people soon somehow.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have, won't do it again, at least not on purpose. Unless i have to go all bear grills or something.

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont think so. I swallowed a worm before when I was a kid and ALMOST drank a yellow jacket and that was dreadful

1|0
    0|0
  • I've actually had cricket chocolate bars. It was weird but didn't taste bad. It's more the texture.

1|0
    0|0
  • I’ve had chocolate covered grasshoppers lol they were good

1|0
    0|0
  • I would be curious to try a tarantula. I'm fascinated by spiders.

1|0
    0|0
  • Good source of protein so why not I mean come on you eat animals etc so what the difference

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah dried cockroaches. They tasted like dirt.

1|0
    0|0
  • No and no

1|0
    0|0
  • Cricket protein is where it's at.

1|0
    0|0
  • That sounds disgusting

1|0
    0|0
  • No I haven't and no I wouldn't

1|0
    0|0
  • g r o s s

1|0
    0|0
  • no thanks

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm gonna need 50 grand upfront, 50 grand afterward, and 200 grand more if I have to finish it.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 12

• I've had chocolate covered crickets before. they didn't taste bad, just the idea of eating an insect kind of grossed me out

1|0
    0|1
  • That’s disgusting. I’d only eat bugs if my life depended on it and if my only other option was to starve.

1|0
    0|0
  • When I was in Germany, chocolate grasshoppers were a delicacy for a midnight snack.

1|0
    0|0
  • I suppose if I were starving, they would be better than nothing.

1|0
    0|0
  • Germany you can Eat Chocolate Covered Ants. xx

1|0
    0|0
  • Never

1|0
    0|0
  • if there was no choice

1|0
    0|0
  • Hell nah gurl, the Lord made food for a reason.

1|0
    0|0
  • EW EW EW EW

1|0
    0|0
  • No way! The thought of it gives me the creeps xD

1|0
    0|0
  • I would never.

1|0
    0|0
  • No... I just can't