Have you or would you ever eat bugs?

Some people actually order bugs off the internet and eat them. Like on Amazon, people are ordering this edible dehydrated zebra tarantula

• Hell yeahh bugs are delicious!
  • EW NO WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE
  • Maybe if someone paid me the right amount.
    Vote C
  • No! You stop that right now!
    Vote D
  • I don't want to live on this planet anymore :)
    Vote E

1422

Most Helpful Guys

• No i would not.

This doesn't surprise me actually. I believe this is down to personal preference and cultural practices. For instance, in Thailand, some people use cockroach as snack. Or in China, people eat dogs and cats. What i am trying to express here is that these behaviors occurs around the globe. These bugs are mostly likely a source of protein and other resources. There are many other creatures that humans put their hands on as a resource. Some of them might be new discoveries but it's nature is the same. Everyone would base their ideas upon their own practices and preferences. Additionally, while ago i actually red that some group of scientists are focused on cockroach milk.

But personally, i don't have the taste and favor toward insects. I basically find them gross and unsuitable for consumption. The fact that i have [Zoophobia] will make things worst. So i would never try these.

• I once had dried crickets during a field trip freshman year of high school to a butterfly musuem. The teacher said he would give us 5 points of extra credit on our next test if we ate a bug in front of him. (This was the same class we had the bug display case project in). The class was notorious for being difficult. My incredibly nerdy and awkward freshman year self would not possibly let any easy points slip by, so I ate a pack of em. It was for the grade. They were quite crunchy and tasted like the seasoning thrown on there.

Unless it’s for extra credit, chances are I’ll be out in the wilderness dying of starvation before I go willfully eating bugs. Based on various Survivorman shows, I hear termites are a great (albeit bitter) source of protein.

Sidenote: I’m giving a big hell nah to dried spiders. I think spiders are fascinating in a way, but I def am NOT eating any dried arachnid.

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes! I have and I was surprised to find that certain bugs don't taste all that bad if they are cleaned and prepared properly you can't even tell what they are. I have never eaten a live bug , but I have tasted fried scorpions in Mexico, chocolate covered ants imported from Europe and candied crickets.

• Ykno.. theyre actually selling bugs as street snacks in thailand.. and its just something common for them.. scorpion, centipede.. just google it! Haha