Do you eat or dispose of food after its Best-before date?

A best-before date is different to a expiration date. BB means its taste and nutritional quality will decline after said date but it is still safe for consumption. A expiration date means it shouldn't be consumed due to safety reasons and you may make yourself sick.

SO, with BB do you still eat said food or do you dispose of it?

3033

Most Helpful Girls

• I always throw it out... I often have hay fever so never like to rely on my sense of smell when it comes to food.

Most Helpful Guys

• I think we don't have that actually. I might be mistaken but I've never seen it in my country. We only have the expiration date. I usually don't eat things that are over the expiration date. Some of my friends do and they think I'm a pussy. That may be true. But at least I'll be a pussy without diarrhea ;-).

• I have OCD when it comes to checking dates on food. I don't eat anything past the BB date and am even sceptical eating food on its BB date. I know it's silly, but I can't stop myself