What do you think of this roadside diner/Ice cream shop idea?

I have an idea for a restaurant I would like to own some day. It would be comic strip/comic book themed. The tables would be lined with old Sunday comic pages under glass. On the wall will be old comic book pages. While waiting on food you can check out comic books from a library area. The foods will all have a comic strip character theme. The ice cream &milkshake area will look like a scene out of Riverdale with a jukebox. The food would be served on comic newspaper pages in a manner like Low Country Boil or Crawfish boil. I honestly think it would be a good idea.
Updates:
I would call it "Funny Papers Cafe"

2|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Sounds cool, but don’t overdo the comic theme. If you have comic book food served on a comic book plate, eat off of a comic book table and look at comic book walls, it might be a bit overwhelming. Also, aren’t you scared people will ruin your comics if they read them while eating?

1|1
    0|0
  • We all have dreams. I used to dream that I would own a string of tea rooms one day. I now have the money to do that but realise I am far better off not bothering as it requires such a lot of time and energy and I would rather not do it. To own the sort of place you are talking about you would have to be a multi millionaire or have the ability to take out a loan that is proven to be paid back. Future profits will not cut it with investors. Nor will you having no experience of having done it properly and successfully before. And, sadly, your idea is something which matters to you but few would find it as fascinating as you do. I have heard lots of other fantasy ideas in the past, it is about your fantasy not how to make money, so investors run a mile.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Nice! That sounds totally fly, man!

But maybe come up with some more names before settling for one. It has to be really good and catchy because that's the first thing the customer will hear or see. And if the name isn't great then they won't want to try it as much.

Maybe consider "comic cafe" or more names and get feedback. Find a really great name. A name is key for startups.

0|1
    0|0
  • damn man that sounds like a good Idea go for bro

I would love a place like that honestly

when you get popular maybe you can extend your business to Long Island

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 17

• Love the idea , would the comics be authentic or copies?

0|1
    0|0
  • I would totally bring a date there.

Can I find season 1 of Riverdale on Netflix?

0|1
    0|0
  • Amazing idea, I’m homeschooled and I there’s a cafe where I go to everyday and study at that has the most amazing drinks, quiet jazzy music, comfy chairs, the greatest staff fast WiFi, and books! If your cafe had at least 5/6 of those things I’d be there everyday! Usually I buy 2-3 drinks and lunch. Comfy chairs are super important!

0|1
    0|0
  • It all depends on the food. No one will care about how it looks if it doesn’t taste good.

1|2
    0|0
  • Sounds like a great idea. If there is great food and great service.. you may be on to something

0|1
    0|0
  • That's a wonderful idea but there is room for abuse and if you run this restaurant you will have to take measures to prevent it or limit it

For example: :What if somebody steals the comics? What if the comics get dirty? What if political or cultural offences for you to change your style of comics? What if the comics become outdated? What if the comics only appeal to people of a certain age and not people outside that age? What if somebody copies your idea but does it better than you because they have more funds and investments behind their plan and puts you out of business? What if somebody spills food all over the comics? What if your comic book store gets overrun with toddlers or young children making a huge mess, getting crumbs everywhere and throwing up all over the comics? What if the wall paper becomes dirty after a while?

If you can solve these problems - then I think you have a lucrative idea.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds cool but there's a lot of those kind of restaurants

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes! I would eat there every day

0|2
    0|0
  • That's pretty cool. I'd say go for it! :)

0|1
    0|0
  • If there’s ice cream I’m down.

1|2
    0|0
  • You will Make a killing!!!
    Good Luck!!! xxoo

0|0
    0|0
    • I hope it is near Wakeforest, NC Where we are Moving soon to. xx

• Sounds good I like that idea

0|1
    0|0
  • Sounds pretty cool to me

0|1
    0|0
  • Sounds amazing

0|2
    0|0
  • Great idea. You must go for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never been to one

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly not overwhelming excitement

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 24

• Location, location, location.
    If you can find the right place for it, and you run it as a business not a flight of fancy, you can make it work, you have a USP. If you could acheive some celebrity endorsements from the right sort of shows you could stand out. Basically you need to Invite Will Wheaton to open the store and give him free frogurt for life

0|0
    0|0
  • Location would be important. Comic books have a limited appeal, so you would need it to be in an area with a large population OR an area with a lot of traffic (on a major interstate).

But it's a fun idea!

0|0
    0|0
  • Print out the comic pictures, don't put up the actual comics themselves.

I think the menus should look like a comic book.

I would definitely eat there.

0|1
    0|0
  • The food makes the place
    Novelty themes are often something used by places that don't have good food to try to draw people
    I think this is cooler as a thought experiment than an actual place

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like a great idea. As long as you have good food, goof good music and a great atmosphere to go with the theme

0|1
    0|0
  • Think of a unique name, follow your dream, and sell franchise rights.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like an amazing idea. I would go to this diner/ice cream shop 10/10.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's all about demand...
    If you know tons and tons of people who'd enjoy that, it could always be possible.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well if you could make a nice theme out of it it will be nice

0|0
    0|0
  • Ice cream is my love

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes gulf to bay

0|1
    0|0
  • very nice go for it it should pay

0|1
    0|0
  • Yummy

0|1
    0|0
  • I believe you're on to something very good.

0|1
    0|0
  • Really cool

0|1
    0|0
  • That would be great!

0|1
    0|0
  • Beautiful idea. But income will be low

0|1
    0|0
  • As long as the food is good!

0|1
    0|0
  • Sounds like a nice idea 👍

You better patent it!

0|1
    0|0
  • Wow what's a beautiful idea. go go go go.

0|1
    0|0
  • Too niche

0|0
    0|1
  • That would be cute.

0|0
    0|0
  • It might be a big hit

0|0
    0|0
  • Good for economy bad for health sometimes