I'm on a tight budget. Any ideas on what snacks I can buy for my family, that don't cost a lot and take little to no preparation?

Updates:
Not junk food
Mostly for my boys that have a crazy high metabolism so a little junk food is ok.

1|3

Most Helpful Guys

• String cheese, honey crisp apples, cottage cheese, tomatoes, and a sprite

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• You want like healthy snacks or just whatever?
    -Peanut butter and crackers or banana
    -Chips and salsa
    -Turkey slices and cheese with crackers
    -Animal crackers
    -Grapes and strawberries
    -Cucumber, baby carrots, broccoli with hummus or ranch
    -cinnamon toast
    -Ricecakes and fruit
    -Bagels and Cream cheese
    -Popcorn
    -Peanuts

1|0
    0|0
  • Certain Gaggers on this site who dont understand humor. They will taste bitter though.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• Snack are killer on the packet, thats for sure. Find an Auldies or a Ollie's if you have them.. Buy the big bag of snacks and divy them up as smaller 1 oz bags.. peanuts, etc, can do the same.. peanut butter and saltines, can be cheap.. Dollar stores are a good source of snacks. and you can make your own trail mix a head of time, then distro them out as you see fit..

1|0
    0|0
    • killer on the pocket. ugh, no edit function...

• I read it right lol when people make mistakes I don't notice unless it's really botched up 😂

• thanks KK!

• How about nuts of different kinds? Some are more expensive than others (like cashews) but in general they're a healthy snack.

1|0
    0|0
  • You could take store bought Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad, Pasta Salad. You could take a vegetable tray with dip or you could take a cracker & cheese tray.

1|0
    0|0
  • Veggies can be expensive, depending where you live. But you need them for vitamins

1|0
    0|0
    • Rice and beans have all the aminoacids (protein parts) the human body needs. They are cheap and easy to cook. They also have carbohydrates.

So rice and beans for the energy and protein needs, and complement that with whatever vegetable you can afford, like greens, carrots, beats...

• You can also use the veggies peels on a mixer and blend it into a came mix, to save money and also make it more nutricious.

• Knorr noodles. Its very cheap here like 4 for a buck.

1|1
    0|0
  • Trail mix
    Jerky or meat sticks
    Popcorn
    Fruit or vegetables

1|0
    0|0
  • Ramen noodles
    They sell at my place of employment as 10 packs for $2

1|0
    0|0
  • Real Popcorn is cheap and good, also peanuts, and veggies...

1|1
    0|0
  • I would say, dried fruit. Like mango strips

2|1
    0|0
  • Mexican children

1|0
    0|0
  • Make food dont buy

1|1
    0|0
  • No ideas

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• I love vegetables with dip, although dip is kinda junk food. But carrots, cucumber, cauliflower and some dip. 👌🏻 I don't think they have this in the States, but what I also love are rye bread chips. A healthier option for potatoe chips with lot of fiber.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yogurt parfait? Nutella pizza with fruit toppings?
    The Nutella pizza is actually good by the way. I made it before from this recipe:
    www.rachaelrayshow.com/.../

1|0
    0|0
  • Popcorn
    Pretzel sticks
    Fruit cups
    Boiled eggs

1|0
    0|0
  • I had a few ideas until you said no junk food.😂

1|1
    0|0