What is the purpose of steak sauce?

I don’t get it really. I see steak sauce around but I’ve never actually seen anyone opt to use steak sauce.

I've tried it once... a1 ... and the stuff is awful tbh.

why does this exist?

to cover up the flavor of really bad steak?
for use on something other than steaks? Like French fries or ice cream?
just to use as a marinade?

Does anyone actually use this stuff?

What is the purpose of steak sauce?
Updates:
Like if it’s just to cover up bad steak why not use ketchup or bbq sauce. May not sound as fancy as steak sauce but they both taste better.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes, it was designed to add flavor to bad/cheap cuts of meat. This stuff, like catsup, was designed to make bland foods tasty. What ends up happening is people are raised on it, so when they even eat good foods as adults, they are accustomed to those flavors. They never even tried to move beyond it. I have to admit, I want to cry when I have a buddy with me and we get the most amazing cuts, perfectly cooked, and they have to slather A1 on it. They may as well have ate a hamburger.

0|1
    0|0
  • It’s for people who can’t even make a simple pan jus 😌

I’d sooner pour teriyaki over my steak than bottled steak sauce.

0|0
    0|0
    • Good steak requires a plate. You may not even need a fork much less sauce. Just face first and gnaw a chunk off.

• Actually the stuff reminds me of that fry sauce crap you get in English pubs. God awful nastiness.

Most Helpful Girl

• Trust me, even if you make the crappiest steak and bury it in steak sauce it’ll taste better. People use steak sauce as a way to cover up the gross taste

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• I love A-1! Goes well with strip or ribeye as far as steak. T-bone and Porterhouse need nothing but a touch of seasoning and the right amount of heat to grill to almost perfection! Otherwise I put 1 on a lot of things, chicken, brats, sandwiches, fries, tater tots, the list goes on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well personally I love steak sauce, but I don't really use it for steak lol normally just burgers or a baked potato

0|0
    0|0
    • Well I get this actually. Just not on steak. I wouldn’t get that.

• Show All
    • If you have a decent cut, steak is frickin the easiest thing ever to cook. I don’t see how it can be screwed up.

• I used to think that too, but then someone showed me lol

• I love A-1 steak sauce, personally. A genuinely great steak doesn't need sauce but it's a great way of sprucing up a shitty one.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tried it before and i dont care for it either. Just like some like Tabasco and i think its just vinegar .

0|0
    0|0
  • I love A1. I think it compliments the flavor of steak. It’s also good on burgers

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no idea

they probably ran out of ideas for sauces

0|0
    0|0
  • Mainly to get you thirsty at bars so you order more drinks.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don’t recall ever seeing anyone use steak sauce anywhere.

• Show All
    • I’ve never opted to use steak sauce. I tried a little taste once out of curiosity and it was not good. Good steak needs only salt n pepper... maybe a little garlic.

• As long as you don't put anything on wagyu, we're all friends 😊

• I agree with you

0|0
    0|0
  • Shoe polish.

0|0
    0|0
  • I use it because I like the taste of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I honestly don't know

0|0
    0|0
  • the meat is cheap cuts

0|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 3

• i don't like it either but it might taste good on things like chicken or pork ribs or mushrooms - doesn't taste that good on steak though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I haven't used it in a very long time. Not gonna lie I'm craving steak and a1 sauce now.

0|0
    0|0
    • Haha enough reading about steak. Go get your steak and sauce on.

• It sounds amazing. Steak is the literal best.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes