What is the purpose of steak sauce?

I don’t get it really. I see steak sauce around but I’ve never actually seen anyone opt to use steak sauce.

I've tried it once... a1 ... and the stuff is awful tbh.

why does this exist?

to cover up the flavor of really bad steak?
for use on something other than steaks? Like French fries or ice cream?
just to use as a marinade?

Does anyone actually use this stuff?

What is the purpose of steak sauce?
Like if it’s just to cover up bad steak why not use ketchup or bbq sauce. May not sound as fancy as steak sauce but they both taste better.

414

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes, it was designed to add flavor to bad/cheap cuts of meat. This stuff, like catsup, was designed to make bland foods tasty. What ends up happening is people are raised on it, so when they even eat good foods as adults, they are accustomed to those flavors. They never even tried to move beyond it. I have to admit, I want to cry when I have a buddy with me and we get the most amazing cuts, perfectly cooked, and they have to slather A1 on it. They may as well have ate a hamburger.

• It’s for people who can’t even make a simple pan jus 😌

I’d sooner pour teriyaki over my steak than bottled steak sauce.

• Good steak requires a plate. You may not even need a fork much less sauce. Just face first and gnaw a chunk off.

• Actually the stuff reminds me of that fry sauce crap you get in English pubs. God awful nastiness.

Most Helpful Girl

• Trust me, even if you make the crappiest steak and bury it in steak sauce it’ll taste better. People use steak sauce as a way to cover up the gross taste