How can I stop eating meat?

Ever since I have gotten some animals, I have been thinking about quitting meat because I do feel like it's wrong to kill animals and since I know wrong from right, I should try to quit. But I have been eating meat for so long, it's hard for me.

1|1

Most Helpful Guys

• its not exactly wrong... its wrong to support factory farming... but we've been eating meat for centuries...
    without meat we would never have developed into a intelligent being, we just wouldn't have had enough calories in our diet during that time...

but yes today we can live better of a vegan diet because of what the farming industry does to their meats.. they have completely destroyed quality meat... its all shit now
    chicken is the worst... what they do to chickens.. gosh. the meat is disgusting now

quitting all meat is going to be hard lol... tofu, beans will become your best friend

1|0
    0|0
  • I made the transition over a year ago to vegetarianism. It just started with taking out meat for one meal, one day, once a week. Once that was easy, I did two meals a week without meat. After about two months, I reached a point where I just told myself that it wasn't hard to give up meat at all anymore. It was a relatively easy transition.

Also, a tip: don't try to use anything to replace meat. Just enjoy vegetarian foods for what they are. Just new things, new flavors, and new textures to enjoy. Nothing really replaced meat, but now I enjoy the meatless things more than I enjoy meat.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• "it's wrong to kill animals" like I'm all for people doing what they want with regards to food. But that's a stupid statement. "The CONDITIONS (etc) of how we kill animals is wrong " is better. Carnivores kill animals for food too. Are you saying a lion should quit meat? Just saying.

0|0
    1|0
    • Do animals (not humans) know right from wrong? And do humans comprehend right from wrong? Just saying.

• They don't need to. Following nature isn't wrong. 😂😂

• We are not cavemen and women anymore, we can think critically and make our decisions. Just saying.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Start by slowly removing meat from your diet and replacing it with high protein substitutes.
    Find a cook books and watch cooking videos on how to make vegetarian/ vegan dishes more savory.
    Many people make the mistake of quitting cold Turkey and that is the worst way to do it because they just eat salads and get bored of the food really quickly which causes them to cheat on the vegetarian diet

1|0
    0|1
  • Just stop thinking about how juicy and delicious it is, instead think about the nice wholesome veggies you'll eat instead. Like lettuce, that basically tastes like crunchy water lol

0|0
    0|0
  • You just have to pause for a second and think about it before every meal or every time you crave meat.

1|0
    0|0
  • I guess the only way is to just try changing your diet and see if you can enjoy the new one.
    Maybe in the end, it will be easier than you thought :D
    I'm also guilty of loving my piece of meat!

0|0
    0|0
  • You know that thing where you get meat and put it in your mouth, chew it up and swallow it? Yeah if you want to stop eating meat, don't do that.

Always glad to help 😉👍

0|0
    0|0
  • If u think it's wrong that's half the battle won just do what's right

1|0
    0|1
  • Have a very hard thing to quit eating I imagine I'm a meat and potato man

1|0
    0|0
    • oh yea... a nice beef and potato stew with carrots and celery... oh yes sir

• Show All
    • oh I never tried deer meat... just the basics, stuff you find at your regular supermarket
      hows deer meat taste?

• It's just like a first cousin to a ghost wild meat

• You should'nt and can't as you are a muslim. 😁

0|1
    1|0

What Girls Said 4

• Try changing to processed cold cuts. Turkey, chicken, bologna. I make myself sandwiches out of these and sometimes I will partake in chicken or fish. Very very little red meat. Some habits are hard to break. I love sweets but I eat them in moderation or settle most of the time for fat free, sugar fee or low fat.

1|0
    0|0
  • Empty the refrigerator of all meat products. Get it out of your house. Tell your friends when you go out. Make sure that if you go out to eat, there are vegetarian options. Also, know what rennet is.

1|0
    0|0
  • Eat meat, but try not to think about what you're eating. Or switch to vegan food. I love meat too much to stop eating it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Eat fish instead.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes