How can I stop eating meat?

Ever since I have gotten some animals, I have been thinking about quitting meat because I do feel like it's wrong to kill animals and since I know wrong from right, I should try to quit. But I have been eating meat for so long, it's hard for me.

510

Most Helpful Guys

• its not exactly wrong... its wrong to support factory farming... but we've been eating meat for centuries...
    without meat we would never have developed into a intelligent being, we just wouldn't have had enough calories in our diet during that time...

but yes today we can live better of a vegan diet because of what the farming industry does to their meats.. they have completely destroyed quality meat... its all shit now
    chicken is the worst... what they do to chickens.. gosh. the meat is disgusting now

quitting all meat is going to be hard lol... tofu, beans will become your best friend

• I made the transition over a year ago to vegetarianism. It just started with taking out meat for one meal, one day, once a week. Once that was easy, I did two meals a week without meat. After about two months, I reached a point where I just told myself that it wasn't hard to give up meat at all anymore. It was a relatively easy transition.

Also, a tip: don't try to use anything to replace meat. Just enjoy vegetarian foods for what they are. Just new things, new flavors, and new textures to enjoy. Nothing really replaced meat, but now I enjoy the meatless things more than I enjoy meat.

Most Helpful Girl

• "it's wrong to kill animals" like I'm all for people doing what they want with regards to food. But that's a stupid statement. "The CONDITIONS (etc) of how we kill animals is wrong " is better. Carnivores kill animals for food too. Are you saying a lion should quit meat? Just saying.

• Do animals (not humans) know right from wrong? And do humans comprehend right from wrong? Just saying.

• They don't need to. Following nature isn't wrong. 😂😂

• We are not cavemen and women anymore, we can think critically and make our decisions. Just saying.