Do you like Cabbage?

If yes, how do you use it? In what recipes?

Do you like Cabbage?

Do you like Cabbage?

2|1

Most Helpful Girls

• I love that stuff.
    I mostly just cook it with carrots and potatoes or eat it in a coleslaw. There's also a meal here where you wrap minced meat and rice in cabbage, it's called yaprak. Or cabbage with pasta.
    There's also something called sour cabbage, Blue Coyote already mentioned it. It's a sort of fermented cabbage, mostly you wrap minced meat in it. I don't really like it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes.
    I put in stirfries
    Stuff it
    Cabbage casserole

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Not really.
    But if we count kale as cabbage, then I do occasionally eat cabbage.
    I personally eat mostly microgreens and stuff like valerianella, baby spinach, arugula and various lettuce cultivars when I feel like being cheap.

I eat all leaf vegetables raw on the side, never added into dishes.
    Since I eat them for the vitamin C, which is heat sensitive and destroyed during cooking.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes, I go to the cabbage section, yell “cabbage fight!!” and then proceed to conduct cabbage warfare, dodgeball style.

0|1
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 13

• No, I don't.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, love it. It's delicious. Eh, it's an Indian recipe my mom makes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yep! I eat it like southern fried cabbage or chow chow. It’s good in soup too

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes💕

0|1
    0|0
  • No, this is gross too

0|1
    0|0
  • its good in colelsaw and lots of Asian foods.

0|1
    0|0
  • I do. In my burgers

0|1
    0|0
  • In coleslaw

0|1
    0|0
  • In soups sometimes

0|1
    0|0
  • If it's truly organic yeah

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I like it

0|1
    0|0
  • I like it in Choucroute.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah I eat it with my Sunday Roast

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 12

• Yes, I do.
    Cabbage is usually used for classic salads in Switzerland. For example when you go to a restaurant and you order a salad, it's usually cabbage, added by a simple dressing of oil and vinegar. There might be some cherry tomatoes on the side or some carrot pieces but generally speaking, the whole thing is very humble. Not like American salads where you have meat and cheese and all kinds of other things on the salad.

However, the way I personally eat most of my cabbage is in the form of kimchi because my wife is Korean. For those who don't know it: kimchi is fermented cabbage that lies in a salty chili sauce. My wife sometimes makes it herself. When kimchi is very fresh, it tends to be very spicy. After several weeks of fermentation, the spiciness somewhat subsides and the cabbage develops a more complex, sourish taste. When you're in a restaurant in Korea, you can sometimes choose whether you want that "new" or "old" kimchi. Personally, I love the old one.

Here in Switzerland and also in Germany and Austria, we have a similar food product known as Sauerkraut. It's also fermented cabbage, though it tastes very different from kimchi. It's not spicy but instead a mix of sweetish and sourish. Sauerkraut is traditionally eaten during the game season in late October through early December. Along with potatoes, sweet chestnuts and a steak of venison or rabbit, it makes for a wonderfully hearty meal that warms your stomach and makes you want to sit next to an open fireplace and fall asleep ;-).

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I live it, my favourite is cabbage salad. Thinly sliced fresh cabbage and just put some salt and pepper on it, pour some vegetable oil and vinegar on top.

1|2
    0|0
  • Yeah. Check these recipes out:

http://tastycraze.com/recipes/?kw=cabbage

Personally I like sauerkraut salad tho.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, although I'm not wild about it. It's pretty versatile, though.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah chop some cabbages and mix it with walnuts, Olive oil and balsamic vinegar it will be amazing

0|1
    0|0
  • yes and either salads or mm well i just look up what can i use cabbage in

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes i like cabbage & noodles and i like stuffed cabbage rolls.

0|1
    0|0
  • in slaws and in certain recipes cooked... yes

0|1
    0|0
  • I love sauerkraut

0|1
    0|0
  • I love it in soup.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah. I like it in a corn beef stew.