Do you still tip the15-20% for bad service?

811

Most Helpful Girl

• No. That is just rewarding them for their bad service. I used to be a server a long time ago, so I kow what to expect and deserve from servers. If I get bad service, I talk to the manager and explain that the server needs to be retrained, or have an attitude adjustment, or whatever. Maybe the stations need to be smaller when they are busy. But 10% max for bad service.

Also, when I have an exceptional server, I also talk to a manager to compliment the server. And I tip them min of 20%.

Most Helpful Guys

• No... if the service was good ill tip 10% if it was extraordinary and i mean always smiling, upbeat happy, and on their game ill tip 20% but if its subpar in the least ill leave no tip at all. In fact the local dominos drivers hate me because if they are late i won't tip. They are almost always late or misdeliever to the next door neighbor who is never home.

• No.

As far as I'm concerned the tip isn't for service, it's for not being a dick to me. The service is a given since it's their fucking job and you don't reward someone for doing the bare minimum, the tip is for them being polite when they aren't contractually required to do that.

Granted, I still don't like it since I'm polite to clients and do my job for clients without a gratuity, but that's what we have to deal with.