Do you still tip the15-20% for bad service?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No. That is just rewarding them for their bad service. I used to be a server a long time ago, so I kow what to expect and deserve from servers. If I get bad service, I talk to the manager and explain that the server needs to be retrained, or have an attitude adjustment, or whatever. Maybe the stations need to be smaller when they are busy. But 10% max for bad service.

Also, when I have an exceptional server, I also talk to a manager to compliment the server. And I tip them min of 20%.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• No... if the service was good ill tip 10% if it was extraordinary and i mean always smiling, upbeat happy, and on their game ill tip 20% but if its subpar in the least ill leave no tip at all. In fact the local dominos drivers hate me because if they are late i won't tip. They are almost always late or misdeliever to the next door neighbor who is never home.

0|0
    0|0
  • No.

As far as I'm concerned the tip isn't for service, it's for not being a dick to me. The service is a given since it's their fucking job and you don't reward someone for doing the bare minimum, the tip is for them being polite when they aren't contractually required to do that.

Granted, I still don't like it since I'm polite to clients and do my job for clients without a gratuity, but that's what we have to deal with.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• If I am friends with the people who run the establishment I will leave a dollar at the table and later speak to the owners about how terrible the service is getting. If I am trying out a new restaurant and my server is doing a horrible job , I won't leave a tip at all and I will refuse to pay if both entrees don't arrive at the same time.

0|0
    0|0
  • I pretty much tip 20% always. I just consider it part of the bill.

I don't think I've ever gotten bad enough service to not leave a tip.

1|1
    0|0
  • Nope, I'm petty as hell. I tip a penny and a sticky note with a middle finger drawn on it. Below it says "Bad service= Penny for your thoughts about your tip"

0|0
    0|0
  • I do. Sometimes people have bad days, or they're going through something. I don't know. I'll still tip them a good amount.

2|1
    0|0
  • I do not tip at all. It is not necessary if the business pays properly.

0|0
    2|2
  • Hahahahahaha... no. They can lick a fresh turd.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• yup not there fault the cook fucked the order. generally I tip more. I am the guy that when I go a restaurant if a few people there know me there comes a small but private and mildly obvious argument over whose section I get to sit in. why? because I generally tip 30% plus last one I did was a 60$ bill I gave the waitress 40 so 66% tip.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, bad servers get 0 as a point, if you aren't contributing to the experience I might have well just walked up to the counter and ordered. Passing/average servers get 15% and great ones or ones where I was difficult get 20-25%.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, if the service is bad then no tip. In the UK the customary tip is 10% anyway. Fuck 20%, that's way too much. Would you pay 20% extra for a car just because they deliver it to your door? Hell no.

0|0
    0|0
  • LOL no! If I have to pay their salary because their boss is a cheapskate (all places that encourage tips are run by cheapskates who underpay their employees) then I'M their boss.

They disrespect me, they get NOTHIN'! I'm their god, they better not disrespect me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope... tips AREN'T OWED. Even if someone does well they aren't inherently owed a tip. I leave a tip if I've been served well and if no tip was earned then I'm not going to give anything.

0|0
    1|0
  • If I get rude service there is no tip, if I get bad service its a tip that runs between 5-10% depending on the sevarity.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how bad and who fucked up

0|0
    0|0
  • I tip 50%

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah. I only show them 10% of my penis.

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes